Standing on planes......

Mafiabob

How cheap do you want air travel?

a 1 hour flight is already as cheap as £50-60-£70

the budget airline competition bankrupted bmi baby.

EMA has had fewer destinations ever since.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

How cheap do you want air travel?

a 1 hour flight is already as cheap as £50-60-£70

the budget airline competition bankrupted bmi baby.

EMA has had fewer destinations ever since.

If you're paying £50bfor anlow cost airline you're being ripped off. Read an article recently about a guy who went from Newcastle to London via Malaga because it was considerably cheaper than the train, even with a student card.

Something like £85 for the train, or £25 for the flight to Malaga, and £15 for the flight to London. 

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

That's exactly what worries me. If you go through the jet stream you are all over the place.  I reckon an engine will drop off or the wings will snap.

The. You have to into account the millions of flights ever since......

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I still don't like it when it happens. I'd rather be on the smiler because I'd know what to expect. 

Try that for 90 mins over Somalia . Proper poo your pants stuff. Even the air stewardess were buckled in.

28 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Try that for 90 mins over Somalia . Proper poo your pants stuff. Even the air stewardess were buckled in.

I'd have thought if you're taking an internal flight in Somalia, turbulence is the least of your troubles.

For instance, who checks your passport at arrival, seeing as Somalia must be empty now?

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd have thought if you're taking an internal flight in Somalia, turbulence is the least of your troubles.

For instance, who checks your passport at arrival, seeing as Somalia must be empty now?

I was flying over, into Kenya. Never been to Somalia. But try a vertical lift off in Baghdad before it was fully secure - in fact, i'll take the turbulence back - a vertical lift off is terrifying.

4 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I was flying over, into Kenya. Never been to Somalia. But try a vertical lift off in Baghdad before it was fully secure - in fact, i'll take the turbulence back - a vertical lift off is terrifying.

It's the bit when they suddenly seem to kill the engines, while still climbing that does it!

I once had a landing on an internal flight in oz that nearly killed everyone on board - at least it felt like it. We came down with such a crash, everyone screamed - it was horrible! The flight attendant was visibly shaken & angry and announced an apology from 'Captain Kangaroo' as she called him, trying to lighten the mood. But she was seriously pissed off with the pilot for what was apparently just a really badly executed landing. 'He was probably pissed up' was the general consensus. 

No way would I ever stand on a flight.

If the oxygen masks came down on a flight I was on I think I'd just faint.

Went on a trip in the Dominican Republic once, to swim with dolphins - we went on a bus, potholes as big as houses, people banging on the bus windows, trying to get on when it slowed down - then to an airport that was just a shack at the end of a runway, lovely planes coming in and out - we joked when this old ex army plane landed - haha, that's ours.  It was.

We took off and for the first five minutes, the pilots window was still open.  I don't even think it was turbulence, I think it was just 5hit flying. I sat there, whilst the kids and MrRam were sat talking and laughing and I thought, whats up with everyone? Can they not see that this plane is not fit, all the instructions on the seats and the doors were in Japanese???? Welcome to Kamikazi Airlines,  I've never been so scared in all my life.  I was just sat looking at everyone else..see their faces.  Eventually, landed, brace position eh? just me then. :ph34r:

Off the plane, onto another bus, where the dominican bloke was telling us nobody is insured, why would they, they have a crash and go home, no problem, he was saying it like it was a good thing........

Swam with dolphins, bless them, they tried to calm me down but I knew we had to go home the same way in the dark, somehow that was better.

Anyway, we survived, got to the hotel and felt like Michael Palin tbf. 

Lol .. It won't happen firstly for safety but also because they make money from selling drinks, snacks and perfume to all those captive customers buckled in their seats with easily accessible credit cards.  ;) 

Archived