Life Hacks

Parsnip

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/07/2017 at 09:56, Parsnip said:

Life hacks, tips and tricks we know about that everyone should know about but not many people know about... let's help each other out by sharing our knowledge here. I'll start with some knowledge that I've accumulated over my 38 years...

1. Wear girls pyjamas. They're so much softer, lighter & more comfortable than men's - and when else can you wear pink hearts? Makes you feel like a princess in the evenings.

2. Use scissors in the kitchen for everything! Seriously - throw away your knives!

3. Go to McDonald's at 10.29am. Buy a bacon & egg mcmuffin AND a qtr pounder with cheese - combine the two to make a super burger!

Enjoy this knowledge and pay it forward by sharing your own life hacks...

:lol:,great...made my day.

26 minutes ago, mozza said:

Bog standard decorators caulk will stick dado rails,skirting board, and many of the things 'No Nails' claims to stick for a quarter of the price

Can a decent Caulker cover gaps in a suspect defense, though?

PistoldPete2
On 2 July 2017 at 10:44, RiddingsRam said:

Lubrication is key 

WD40 or KY Jelly? Maybe both just to make sure.

I got serious brownie points with the mother in law with this one:

Clean tarnished silver jewellry etc by putting it in a mug containing a bit of foil, salt & hot water. Instantly clean as soon as it touches the foil.

Put piss in the compost bin. Speeds the process up a treat.

...and by compost bin, I mean the big one in the garden. I would imagine being stood targetting the kitchen caddy would be somewhat frowned upon.

Quite Simple:-

Set up a GOOGLE account.

Make the most of it. Back up photos to the app. Keep scans of your passport, driving licence, insurance policies, list of contact numbers/emails etc in the Google Drive. You can access from any device with t'internet. Once you log in, it's up in the top corner.

Capture.JPG.1f8062bbc9baebfdcb2d3f5debeaa8fa.JPG

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Quite Simple:-

Set up a GOOGLE account.

Make the most of it. Back up photos to the app. Keep scans of your passport, driving licence, insurance policies, list of contact numbers/emails etc in the Google Drive. You can access from any device with t'internet. Once you log in, it's up in the top corner.

Capture.JPG.1f8062bbc9baebfdcb2d3f5debeaa8fa.JPG

You'll get banned for that - I think David works for Apple.

Restaurants take advantage of our natural instinct not be seen as tightwads, so the cheapest cost wine with the biggest mark up is always the second cheapest on the menu.

Save money and drink better wine by ordering the house, according to a sommelier in the i newspaper today.

Never ask more than two questions in a single email (if it can be helped, never ask more than 1!) because you'll only ever get an answer to one.

Never attempt the old five knuckle shuffle if you have even the slightest inkling you also need a wee - things can get a little bit confused down there. It burns.

On the same note, once you've started doing a wee under no circumstances should you attempt to stop in the middle and hold the rest in - let it flow, otherwise you're in serious risk of a water infection.

On 02/07/2017 at 09:56, Parsnip said:

Life hacks, tips and tricks we know about that everyone should know about but not many people know about... let's help each other out by sharing our knowledge here. I'll start with some knowledge that I've accumulated over my 38 years...

1. Wear girls pyjamas. They're so much softer, lighter & more comfortable than men's - and when else can you wear pink hearts? Makes you feel like a princess in the evenings.

2. Use scissors in the kitchen for everything! Seriously - throw away your knives!

3. Go to McDonald's at 10.29am. Buy a bacon & egg mcmuffin AND a qtr pounder with cheese - combine the two to make a super burger!

Enjoy this knowledge and pay it forward by sharing your own life hacks...

I use scissors to cut pizzas... ain't nobody got time for a pizza cutter 

13 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

As someone who loves pancakes and eats them often for breakfast, I use the hack a friend told me about where I put pancake batter into a ketchup bottle; makes it easier when I make some.

Don't they taste odd?

Archived