Kamikaze

Tour De France

Latest Updates

23 hours ago, Gladys' Handbag said:

Well I wasn't being entirely serious here, especially the bit about the hallowed traditions.
But surely the least the yellow jersey can expect is that everyone waits for him while he changes the battery for his motor.

Anyway back to the days when you would have been a laughing stock if you claimed someone had a hidden motor on his bike.
I see that the rider formerly known as Robert Millar is on the ITN commentary team for the next few days; should be interesting.
He won the King of the Mountains in 1984, but I will always remember him beating Delgardo on the Superbagneres stage finish in 1989.
Back then it was a real event for a Brit to win a stage of the TdF.

Interesting person,  Robert Miller.  I have a book about him called 'In search of Robert Millar'. It's a bit dated as it was written before the EPO/Armstrong/Wiggins/Froome era had kicked in, but a good read all the same.

Today's stage - awesome finish.

Aru just confirmed his incredibly good Form. If Landa would have been allowed to, he had killed everybody. Want him as captain next year of Movistar/Trek/whatever. Froomey's day Dauphine-like back in June.

What a fantastic stage today was. Non-stop action from start to finish.  

Not entirely sure why Froome was chasing down Landa - he should have just let the other GC contenders do the work to reel him in. Maybe he was trying to prove a point?

They all threw the kitchen sink at Aru! But he's still in yellow. 😊 Team Sky tactics re Kwiatkowski blocking Aru felt a bit uncalled for as well.

Wow, Froome won't get any easier time than that during the rest of the tour.
All that effort yesterday and today he takes 24 seconds out of Uru just by being alert - Sky's marginal gains.

Today's stage result:
Froome +1
Martin +1
Uran +1
Bardet +5
Landa +15
Quintana +22
Contador +22
Uru +25 !!

A pity maybe, it was certainly more interesting when Aru was in Yellow.
Maybe Sky will keep a tighter grip on things tomorrow?

Interesting today again with Froomeys mechanical problems. Landa didn't wait until Froome reached that contender's group anyway. Wednesday's and Thursday's stages will be massive..

Great stage yesterday. I think it also clarified a little the 'when to wait for the Yellow Jersey' debate.
The racing and attacks had started when Froome punctured, so they just kept going.

What I don't understand is why no-one attacked just as he was getting back on to the group. That must be a big boost to Froome.

21 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Great stage yesterday. I think it also clarified a little the 'when to wait for the Yellow Jersey' debate.
The racing and attacks had started when Froome punctured, so they just kept going.

What I don't understand is why no-one attacked just as he was getting back on to the group. That must be a big boost to Froome.

Bardet tried once.. but yeah I agree, it wasn't like a serious attack.

Don't know why though. Ag2r pushed it to the limit before and during Froomes's problems. For nothing really..