Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

No.

Started yesterday, have not been able to load the page on safari. No probs on mobile and fine on firefox, perhaps its my 10 year old macbook!

MacBook? Thought it was iPad.

Should be a device specific issue, the fact other browsers are working fine is odd. 

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 21.26.22.png

As you can see the certificate is fine and doesn't expire until October 1st, the fact it works fine in other browsers and devices says it's a Safari specific issue on your MacBook.

All I can suggest is clearing your cache, force quit Safari, restart your MacBook

16 minutes ago, David said:

MacBook? Thought it was iPad.

Should be a device specific issue, the fact other browsers are working fine is odd. 

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 21.26.22.png

As you can see the certificate is fine and doesn't expire until October 1st, the fact it works fine in other browsers and devices says it's a Safari specific issue on your MacBook.

All I can suggest is clearing your cache, force quit Safari, restart your MacBook

Tried all that and its still saying cant open page.....back on firefox.

Just wondering whether you have noticed if forum views are down?  I haven't been able to access the site for a couple of days now, tried 3 different browsers on my PC, my wife's PC and a mobile phone.  Finally got it to work on this old iPad.

Gone through all of the fixes suggested online but nothing has worked - still cant access the website ?

Firefox error code: SSL ERROR NO CYPHER OVERLAP

Chrome error code: ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH

Edge error code ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH

dcfcfans.uk uses an unsupported protocol

EDIT: btw I have no issues with any other website, just this one.

Edited by maxjam

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just wondering whether you have noticed if forum views are down?  I haven't been able to access the site for a couple of days now, tried 3 different browsers on my PC, my wife's PC and a mobile phone.  Finally got it to work on this old iPad.

Gone through all of the fixes suggested online but nothing has worked - still cant access the website ?

Firefox error code: SSL ERROR NO CYPHER OVERLAP

Chrome error code: ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH

Edge error code ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH

dcfcfans.uk uses an unsupported protocol

We’ve had around 700 people on average online which is normal, not entirely sure what is preventing individuals from getting online.

I have sent a support ticket in to our technical team and awaiting a response

2 minutes ago, David said:

We’ve had around 700 people on average online which is normal, not entirely sure what is preventing individuals from getting online.

I have sent a support ticket in to our technical team and awaiting a response

Okay cool, maybe just something that's effecting a tiny minority of us then. 

It started happening around midday Thursday ish. I have the website open on a tab all day everyday, went to refresh it and couldn't connect ?

Just now, maxjam said:

Okay cool, maybe just something that's effecting a tiny minority of us then. 

It started happening around midday Thursday ish. I have the website open on a tab all day everyday, went to refresh it and couldn't connect ?

Have you tried private/incognito windows? Reason I ask is these do not store cache which can prolong issues

2 minutes ago, David said:

Have you tried private/incognito windows? Reason I ask is these do not store cache which can prolong issues

Just tried all 3 (firefox, chrome, edge) same result - 'site cant provide a secure connection' and the SSL error codes

2 hours ago, David said:

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 16.57.10.png

We don't have antivirus on any Apple devices. As mentioned in another post my old Ipad on version 10 does not work my wife's with version 13 does. All this happened before the update you ran on Friday morning so that can be discounted. It sounds to me like something changed on the server itself on Thursday.

4 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We don't have antivirus on any Apple devices. As mentioned in another post my old Ipad on version 10 does not work my wife's with version 13 does. All this happened before the update you ran on Friday morning so that can be discounted. It sounds to me like something changed on the server itself on Thursday.

Still looking into it, apologies but it's been difficult to nail down what the issue is, I am on it though and will get this fixed

7 hours ago, David said:

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 16.57.10.png

Disabled Bitdefender and it works again ?

Added dcfcfans.uk to the exclusions list but when I turn it back on the website is still blocked - googled the problem and it seems that Bitdefender had a problem similar to this a couple of years ago when a new update borked things but it was fixed pretty quickly and there are have been no problems reported recently.

• 2 weeks later...

For a short period of time, there was a handy quirk of the forum, on a mobile, which no longer exists. 

Basically, if you clicked a link from your notifications, for example “David quoted you in the Mostyn is awesome thread”, it’d take you to a disparaging remark from the Führer himself, then, if you clicked back, it would at one stage, take you back to the notifications list, where you could click on Boycie’s insult. 

Now, on my phone, if I click back, it will go to the page before I selected notifications, which means i then have to click the three lines, then the bell and select, and so on.