Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Is there a known issue with likes/reputation?

I have a p.o.s. Nokia Lumia Windows phone and I cannot 'like' a post (nothing to do with me having insufferably high standards).

I tap the heart and I get the dropdown ok, but none of them are 'active'.

Same issue with my new micro sad work phone. Press the ikon they pop up and you cannot do anything. Cheap ass employers.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

They all appear to be clickable, but the only action is that they all disappear for a fraction of a second, then all come back again. In order to get rid of them, I have to use the back button or use forum navigation (next topic etc).

20 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Same issue with my new micro sad work phone. Press the ikon they pop up and you cannot do anything. Cheap ass employers.

Ok, let me run the latest update on Monday, if that doesn't fix it I'll forward it on

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Silly question for the uninitiated, how do I copy a link into a post so that the link content is visible in the page not just the hyperlink addresa?  Ditto for an image.

Only links from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will embed the content into a page, on each post you will see either a share link or drop down menu that has one you can use.

Images, the best way is to either right click or press and hold then open image in new tab, copy the link in the address bar and paste into the editor, wait a few seconds and it will appear. The link must end with either .jpeg .jpg .png or .gif

I wonder if a thumbs up thing could be added to the reaction to a post choices. I ask as I wanted to acknowledge a quote that wasn't humourous, didn't upset me, didn't warrant a facepalm or make me angry so I ended up having to heart it so the member could see I read it. 

A thumbs up or a salute even could let a member know his/her post had been read. 

37 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I wonder if a thumbs up thing could be added to the reaction to a post choices. I ask as I wanted to acknowledge a quote that wasn't humourous, didn't upset me, didn't warrant a facepalm or make me angry so I ended up having to heart it so the member could see I read it. 

A thumbs up or a salute even could let a member know his/her post had been read. 

The quote wasn't humorous, didn't upset you, it didn't warrant a facepalm and it didn't make you angry. Surely you must have liked it, even if only a little, if you felt that you had to acknowledge it?

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The quote wasn't humorous, didn't upset you, it didn't warrant a facepalm and it didn't make you angry. Surely you must have liked it, even if only a little, if you felt that you had to acknowledge it?

No, I didn't particularly like it but felt it was the only option open to me to let the member see I acknowledged his point.

Thank you at least for acknowledging my post, I know I'm not popular with some in the mod room but a response of some kind shouldn't have been too much to ask. :)

13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

No, I didn't particularly like it but felt it was the only option open to me to let the member see I acknowledged his point.

Thank you at least for acknowledging my post, I know I'm not popular with some in the mod room but a response of some kind shouldn't have been too much to ask. :)

They're still in bed mate, come back about 3pm 

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Only @David can make those adjustments, us peasant mods don't have that sort of power, ever since Boycie let the intruder in last year.