David

Forum Issues

22 hours ago, David said:

There isn't one but I'm all ears

Any chance we could get a matchday chat going? I remember someone telling me this site dropped support for it, but what about something like a dcfcfans discord? 

4 minutes ago, Broderick said:

Any chance we could get a matchday chat going? I remember someone telling me this site dropped support for it, but what about something like a dcfcfans discord? 

Correct, the software company pulled the plug on the chat and no longer support it, so that’s a no go unless they bring it back.

As for Discord, that would move content off dcfcfans into a third party app, leaving this website dead during games which are our busiest times, that’s not really what I’m looking to do! 🙂 

I am hopeful that we will have our own app out in the not to distant future which will make things a bit quicker/easier to follow during games. 

Will also be testing something new shortly which checks for new content without having to reload pages. A notification will show at the bottom of the page that the topic has new replies.

Just now, David said:

Correct, the software company pulled the plug on the chat and no longer support it, so that’s a no go unless they bring it back.

As for Discord, that would move content off dcfcfans into a third party app, leaving this website dead during games which are our busiest times, that’s not really what I’m looking to do! 🙂 

I am hopeful that we will have our own app out in the not to distant future which will make things a bit quicker/easier to follow during games. 

Will also be testing something new shortly which checks for new content without having to reload pages. A notification will show at the bottom of the page that the topic has new replies.

True, I didn't think about it leading to an exodus during game times. Something like what you described would be pretty sweet!

2 minutes ago, Broderick said:

True, I didn't think about it leading to an exodus during game times. Something like what you described would be pretty sweet!

To be honest, I’m not sure if there would be an exodus or not, difficult to say but us promoting a clear off the games on, come back later doesn’t make much sense!

It’s an app designed for gamers, does it work well when you have say 100 people in there throwing messages out there in a chat? 

Personally not convinced live chat is great for football...or anything really in large numbers, if you’re not into having a discussion but just want to chuck out random comments it’s great.

It’s also a bit rubbish for those that go to the games, coming on to an empty forum where it’s been silent all game, nothing to read, see how TV viewers saw the game.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.