Jump to content
David

Forum Issues

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Anyway @David, why email me and not use the Private Message service your forum provides?

You sent a message using the contact form which emails me directly, had you sent a private message I would have replied through that instead.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, David said:

You sent a message using the contact form which emails me directly, had you sent a private message I would have replied through that instead.

Definitely nothing in my email, doesn't matter now as I can't even remember what thread it was or the contents of my post.

Probably horribly racist, I'm guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Definitely nothing in my email, doesn't matter now as I can't even remember what thread it was or the contents of my post.

Probably horribly racist, I'm guessing.

Occasionally we have to moderate language such as racial epithets (not suggesting for one second your post was like that, honestly I never had a chance to read it) just to keep the forum happy and advertiser friendly. I know people don't like having their freedom of expression challenged but it's nothing personal or a sense of humour failure. It's just an attempt to keep our buddies at Google onside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is the right place but in my opinion some kind of forum etiquette needs to be installed on here. Not talking about bans for using racist,  homophobic articles or deleting posts that contravene forum guidelines on politics or religion but moderating members behaviours.

As an example when I run meetings at work I set up meeting etiquette rules such as arrive to the meeting on time, turn off mobiles, come prepared, do not talk over other people when they are talking etc as a professional courtesy to the other attendees.

Same thing to translate to this forum, treat other members with respect, do not deliberately points score or deliberately patronise or belittle other posters views etc. 

Any thoughts? I know it's an open forum but my word there are some folks on here who don't know how to conduct themselves or behave in an appropriate manner.

Edited by Inglorius

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Not sure if this is the right place but in my opinion some kind of forum etiquette needs to be installed on here. Not talking about bans for using racist,  homophobic articles or deleting posts that contravene forum guidelines on politics or religion but moderating members behaviours.

As an example when I run meetings at work I set up meeting etiquette rules such as arrive to the meeting on time, turn off mobiles, come prepared, do not talk over other people when they are talking etc as a professional courtesy to the other attendees.

Same thing to translate to this forum, treat other members with respect, do not deliberately points score or deliberately patronise or belittle other posters views etc. 

Any thoughts? I know it's an open forum but my word there are some folks on here who don't know how to conduct themselves or behave in an appropriate manner.

Shurrup!

Share this post


Link to post

No! No! I’m joking!

i think you’re right, people say things to others on the forum that they wouldn’t say to them face to face.

Maybe some would, but you’d find that they wouldn’t have many friends left to say it too who would let them talk to them like that.

Hopefully this is a nice place to visit, but it will always upset some folk. All we can ask is that if you are truly upset by something you have read then report it.

It helps me, and also the other less hard working mods and that David too.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've deployed a temporary fix for embedded tweets which were breaking the site container when using iOS Safari browser, I've checked on both iPhone XS and Google Pixel 3 and all seems to be fine, if they look a bit wonky on your phone can you post a screenshot and tell me what phone you are using, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

@David nope doesn't work on incognito either... in fact I can't even log in on there... do you think it's my phone then?

Are you using Samsung Browser? If so just try Chrome for me.

Also are the ads running off your screen? As that shouldn’t be happening

The changes I made today “shouldn’t” have effected the menu at all.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.