Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

I've noticed recently that when I watch a YouTube video in full screen, when I reduce back down to the embedded size the thread jumps back up to the first post on that page. This doesn't happen if I watch the video in the reduced size.

Just now, richinspain said:

I've noticed recently that when I watch a YouTube video in full screen, when I reduce back down to the embedded size the thread jumps back up to the first post on that page. This doesn't happen if I watch the video in the reduced size.

Fire me a link to a page with a video on and I will take a quick look

It's ok, found the nearest Inverurie thread, I was not disappointed as I came across many videos. 

Clicked play, opened in fullscreen, reduced and it just shrinks back into the post, didn't shift the page up or anything.

Which browser are you using? @richinspain

10 minutes ago, David said:

I had disabled PHP-FPM on the account, set PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) as the system default, then checked the forum and it worked.

Went back in to LVE manager and enabled 7.3 in the selector as I like to have the forum running on the latest possible software, went into the admin panel for the forum and selected this and we're all good. 

Don't worry I have updated the cron job, forgot that one before and nearly crashed the site as tasks started to build up, that was back in the day when I pulled late nighters to fix issues whilst it was quiet. Try not to do that as that's how mistakes happen.

faye dunaway idk GIF

3 minutes ago, David said:

It's ok, found the nearest Inverurie thread, I was not disappointed as I came across many videos. 

Clicked play, opened in fullscreen, reduced and it just shrinks back into the post, didn't shift the page up or anything.

Which browser are you using? @richinspain

Safari on my iPad 

1 hour ago, David said:

I had disabled PHP-FPM on the account, set PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) as the system default, then checked the forum and it worked.

Went back in to LVE manager and enabled 7.3 in the selector as I like to have the forum running on the latest possible software, went into the admin panel for the forum and selected this and we're all good. 

Don't worry I have updated the cron job, forgot that one before and nearly crashed the site as tasks started to build up, that was back in the day when I pulled late nighters to fix issues whilst it was quiet. Try not to do that as that's how mistakes happen.

Yea,  i thought that might cure it, well done sir..

Found it.

As I suspected.

Here is the source code of @BurtonRam7 post.

Where I’ve highlighted, the first two show what’s stretching the width of the site as it’s applying a width of 838px to his post container. 

The last one is where Grammarly has pointed out 2 errors in his post, although it’s placed it in the editor.

If he was a gentleman he would disable it for this site and keep it for his school homework only.

258144E8-D4E6-41F7-B82A-EE7AFB998F06.jpeg

20 hours ago, David said:

You followed my instructions well, if there’s owt else you need I’ll be on the end of the phone as per.

On 04/05/2019 at 08:54, Mucker1884 said:

Home lappy is ok.  so is iphone.

However, I popped in to the office for an hour earlier, and it was still "closed" on there.

Dell laptop - Chrome - Think that one is win 7?

I read your instructions for clearing the cache thing, and I even got the black box come up (reminded me of early teletext!), and having copied and pasted the codeword from your instructions, it came up that I had successfully cleared the cache wotsit (Can't remember the finer details, and I won't be back on that laptop until Tuesday now).  But trying to access on here failed, as if I'd done nothing.

Can't do any more at this stage, but just be warned... I may be back on here on Tuesday begging you for an idiot's guide!  (Not for the first time!)

On 04/05/2019 at 08:55, David said:

Have you tried a different browser?

On 04/05/2019 at 09:10, mozza said:

I'm having same problem with my windows 7 PC at home. 

Back at work, and all sorted here now!

Stayed on Chrome throughout > Cleared history/Cache etc. > Got rid of dcfcfans bookmark (kept going to broken page) > Googled dcfcfans as a fresh search > logged back in > All good now > Renew  bookmark.  :-)

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Should uninstall it completely. It tracks what you write and where. Worse than Google.

https://techbeacon.com/security/grammarly-leaks-everything-youve-ever-typed-service-everything

It tracks it as in reads what you write, it has to because that’s the point of the plugin, correcting what you type.

What you linked to though is an article which discusses a bug which has now been fixed, where a users browser session could be hijacked by hackers. 

4 hours ago, David said:

It tracks it as in reads what you write, it has to because that’s the point of the plugin, correcting what you type.

What you linked to though is an article which discusses a bug which has now been fixed, where a users browser session could be hijacked by hackers. 

IMHO it's still not working as intended, or maybe it is... There are other articles post that one. I'm a bit busy sailing down the Dalmatian coast line, and connection is a bit off, especially around Albania.