Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

3 hours ago, bx3 said:

Apologies if this has been covered in the last 44 pages. I did a random scan but couldn't find it.

On android, if I reply to a topic and don't finish it, any time I go back again to reply in that topic, the half completed previous unfinished reply always remains.

I've cleared the cache etc.

Its a (very annoying) feature. The devs thought itvwasya good idea to remember your lost post so you didn't have to retype it. 

Once upon a time Daveo put a "delete everything" icon in the text editor - that was useful. 

I try to keep up to date with the forum and so there are often times that I have read the whole of a section (sad buggar living abroad who uses this site as his main source of Rams news ?). Normally when you leave that section it is marked as read, however if a topic within that section has been merged with another this doesn’t happen. I go back in several times looking for the unread topic but it’s not there. I have to mark the section as read manually (it’s not much of a task I know, just thought I’d mention it ?)

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I try to keep up to date with the forum and so there are often times that I have read the whole of a section (sad buggar living abroad who uses this site as his main source of Rams news ?). Normally when you leave that section it is marked as read, however if a topic within that section has been merged with another this doesn’t happen. I go back in several times looking for the unread topic but it’s not there. I have to mark the section as read manually (it’s not much of a task I know, just thought I’d mention it ?)

Yeah it just happens, doesn't happen very often though, maybe one or two topics get merged a week at most. 

18 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

A running theme of the site owner is that android users generally have an inferior experience of... everything, really.

Which is very true, however what the member has an issue with is not limited to one device, it's seen as a feature and one that works the same way across all devices, Apple. Android, Windows or Potato

2 minutes ago, David said:

Which is very true, however what the member has an issue with is not limited to one device, it's seen as a feature and one that works the same way across all devices, Apple. Android, Windows or Potato

We can still laugh at him for having one though, right?

So I think there’s an ad that if it’s clicked on automatically signs you to a site that charges you £3 a week. When my phone was in my pocket last week I think my phone accidentally pressed onto a thing called snackgames that did it and now I see a fitness one advertised. After I pressed on the one last week I had to make a frustrating call to Vodafone to sort it out so it’s not the easiest to get rid of. Lots online about the scam too.

Not sure what can be done, but just a heads up really 

20 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

So I think there’s an ad that if it’s clicked on automatically signs you to a site that charges you £3 a week. When my phone was in my pocket last week I think my phone accidentally pressed onto a thing called snackgames that did it and now I see a fitness one advertised. After I pressed on the one last week I had to make a frustrating call to Vodafone to sort it out so it’s not the easiest to get rid of. Lots online about the scam too.

Not sure what can be done, but just a heads up really 

I’ve blocked the url of the ads my end but can take Google an hour to remove from the site, thanks for the heads up!