Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Gotcha, I can replicate that now, but I’ve also found it does the same on both Twitter and Facebook websites.

Strange.

I’ll have a look around and see what’s going off, for now just don’t use the predictive text 

I haven’t got Facebook and I only use Twitter for news etc, hardly ever tweet, so don’t know if it would happen there too. What’s even stranger is that it seems to only happen after “I”. Haven’t and don’t for example are ok.

Ps thanks for looking into all our strange issues, it must take up a lot of your time and I for one appreciate it ??

• 2 weeks later...

Ok boys, girls and any Aussies.

we had a recent query on here about the ignore feature not working.

well, you’ll find it in your control panel, enter the name of said wind up merchant, I’m a popular entree I’m told, and click on the drop down list below their or my name.

then select what content you want to hide. (Puns isn’t an option, but there’s a new update soon so hang fire on that one)

Ignore away!

Cheers.

if you have me on ignore already, **** off!

Edited by Boycie

22 hours ago, David said:

There isn't one but I'm all ears

Any chance we could get a matchday chat going? I remember someone telling me this site dropped support for it, but what about something like a dcfcfans discord? 

4 minutes ago, Broderick said:

Any chance we could get a matchday chat going? I remember someone telling me this site dropped support for it, but what about something like a dcfcfans discord? 

Correct, the software company pulled the plug on the chat and no longer support it, so that’s a no go unless they bring it back.

As for Discord, that would move content off dcfcfans into a third party app, leaving this website dead during games which are our busiest times, that’s not really what I’m looking to do! ? 

I am hopeful that we will have our own app out in the not to distant future which will make things a bit quicker/easier to follow during games. 

Will also be testing something new shortly which checks for new content without having to reload pages. A notification will show at the bottom of the page that the topic has new replies.

Just now, David said:

Correct, the software company pulled the plug on the chat and no longer support it, so that’s a no go unless they bring it back.

As for Discord, that would move content off dcfcfans into a third party app, leaving this website dead during games which are our busiest times, that’s not really what I’m looking to do! ? 

I am hopeful that we will have our own app out in the not to distant future which will make things a bit quicker/easier to follow during games. 

Will also be testing something new shortly which checks for new content without having to reload pages. A notification will show at the bottom of the page that the topic has new replies.

True, I didn't think about it leading to an exodus during game times. Something like what you described would be pretty sweet!

2 minutes ago, Broderick said:

True, I didn't think about it leading to an exodus during game times. Something like what you described would be pretty sweet!

To be honest, I’m not sure if there would be an exodus or not, difficult to say but us promoting a clear off the games on, come back later doesn’t make much sense!

It’s an app designed for gamers, does it work well when you have say 100 people in there throwing messages out there in a chat? 

Personally not convinced live chat is great for football...or anything really in large numbers, if you’re not into having a discussion but just want to chuck out random comments it’s great.

It’s also a bit rubbish for those that go to the games, coming on to an empty forum where it’s been silent all game, nothing to read, see how TV viewers saw the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered in the last 44 pages. I did a random scan but couldn't find it.

On android, if I reply to a topic and don't finish it, any time I go back again to reply in that topic, the half completed previous unfinished reply always remains.

I've cleared the cache etc.