Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably an issue my end but I get logged out everytime I use my phone to access the site.. Not whilst I am using it but when I re-enter I have to use the exisiting user facility. The 'remember me' box is ticked but I appear to be forgetful ?

It's an Apple phone, so I expect some crap but it does not happen when I use my iPad or desktop.. Keeps me logged in fine.

Checked the settings on my phone and they seem to match the iPad as well.. 

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Probably an issue my end but I get logged out everytime I use my phone to access the site.. Not whilst I am using it but when I re-enter I have to use the exisiting user facility. The 'remember me' box is ticked but I appear to be forgetful ?

It's an Apple phone, so I expect some crap but it does not happen when I use my iPad or desktop.. Keeps me logged in fine.

Some devices log you out when you log in using a different device, it maybe the case that when you long on using your ipad it logs you out of your iPhone.

@Angry Ram

refresh the page when you’re logged into the forum on your phone.

see if you remain logged in or not, 

there was a bug a while back like this, it seemed to log you out but you actually wasn’t. Refreshing the page logged you back in.

Try that.

Edited by Boycie
I mean, refresh when it says you’re logged out initially.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

@Angry Ram

refresh the page when you’re logged into the forum on your phone.

see if you remain logged in or not, 

there was a bug a while back like this, it seemed to log you out but you actually wasn’t. Refreshing the page logged you back in.

Try that.

Didn’t work mate. ?

43 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Didn’t work mate. ?

Just to clarify, when you select the forum on your phone it keeps logging you off.

when you see that you’ve got to log on yet again pressing refresh doesn’t change anything?

It could be another bug that only effect a few cockneys.

Bung us a monkey in me sky rocket and I’ll ask David aga......I mean I’ll have another look in the coding.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

Just to clarify, when you select the forum on your phone it keeps logging you off.

when you see that you’ve got to log on yet again pressing refresh doesn’t change anything?

It could be another bug that only effect a few cockneys.

Bung us a monkey in me sky rocket and I’ll ask David aga......I mean I’ll have another look in the coding.

Yes

Yes

Bastardo

Do one

Thanks

?

On 16/05/2018 at 17:02, Angry Ram said:

When you say desktop is that a Windows computer and is it at home or work?

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Work Windows computer... Works fine on that, just the bloody stupid Apple iPhone.. 

Try again now, but sign out of all your devices, then login with your iPhone first followed by your other devices

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Nope, still the same. It’s rembembering other site passwords. 

8697C701-F596-4370-B290-B4DCA4F31E55.png

You’re in private mode, that shouldn’t remember any logins for any site. That’s also why that important information box keeps appearing as cookies are not being saved. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

You’re in private mode, that shouldn’t remember any logins for any site. That’s also why that important information box keeps appearing as cookies are not being saved. 

Ah ha... The black screen gave it away eh.. Doh !!

@Boycie

Thanks both..