Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

I have found and removed more ads added by the same site which should hopefully fix it.

Problem I have is Google have updated the control panel and I can no longer block all ads for a URL. I will keep regular checks for them uploading new ones 

1 minute ago, David said:

I have found and removed more ads added by the same site which should hopefully fix it.

Problem I have is Google have updated the control panel and I can no longer block all ads for a URL. I will keep regular checks for them uploading new ones 

That’s a lie, it’s just been moved. I’ve added the URL to the block list. 

It is a game of delayed whack a mole though, I’ll report it to Google, they will get shut down and a new URL will pop up in a few months. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Have you put another layer into the Forum, @David

When I select the home link (which I often do to get back to the list of Pub, Rams Talk etc) it takes me to another layer with a single link back to the list. 

A layer? Not sure what you mean, is this on mobile or desktop? 

The menu hasn't been changed in anyway.

47 minutes ago, David said:

A layer? Not sure what you mean, is this on mobile or desktop? 

The menu hasn't been changed in anyway.

Mobile (Samsung, sorry!)

When I go to the 'home' page it no longer lists all the different forums. Instead there is a single link that takes me into a 'Derby County Forum' where all the Forums are then listed.

Not a major problem but I used to use the main logo to take me back to the list, not I have to go through another page. Just being lazy, wondered why it had happened.

Have now checked on desktop and the home button still takes me back to the list as before.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mobile (Samsung, sorry!)

When I go to the 'home' page it no longer lists all the different forums. Instead there is a single link that takes me into a 'Derby County Forum' where all the Forums are then listed.

Not a major problem but I used to use the main logo to take me back to the list, not I have to go through another page. Just being lazy, wondered why it had happened.

Have now checked on desktop and the home button still takes me back to the list as before.

Clicking the logo still takes me back to the homepage also on all devices, not sure why your phone has changed the behaviour as it’s a standard link which all devices should treat the same.

On mobile at the minute, once I get to a computer I’ll look into it further, see if I can spot anything 

28 minutes ago, David said:

Clicking the logo still takes me back to the homepage also on all devices, not sure why your phone has changed the behaviour as it’s a standard link which all devices should treat the same.

On mobile at the minute, once I get to a computer I’ll look into it further, see if I can spot anything 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Been getting a lot of "bad gateway " messages this evening from cloud flare. 

Is this a real error or am I being scammed?

We don’t use Cloud Flare so not sure why you would even see that error, I’ll have a look in the logs

11 hours ago, David said:

Just a quick update as I am still having problems. I tried clearing my cache as that seems to work for most things but no change. 

If it helps, I  briefly see the screen with the Forums listed but it disappears and all I can see is the numbers of people online and the Derby County Forums link.

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just a quick update as I am still having problems. I tried clearing my cache as that seems to work for most things but no change. 

If it helps, I  briefly see the screen with the Forums listed but it disappears and all I can see is the numbers of people online and the Derby County Forums link.

I have been looking but struggling to see what the issue could be, don’t suppose you have another browser installed which you can try it on?

14 hours ago, angieram said:

Mobile (Samsung, sorry!)

This is happening to me too David but on my Ipad only, not my iMac or iPhone. Just started about two weeks ago without me doing anything, knowingly.

I'll try cache clearing etc.  If I knew how to take a screenshot on an Ipad I'd do it

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

This is happening to me too David but on my Ipad only, not my iMac or iPhone. Just started about two weeks ago without me doing anything, knowingly.

I'll try cache clearing etc.  If I knew how to take a screenshot on an Ipad I'd do it

Home button and power off button simultaneously.

then save it to pictures.

your’e welcome.