Whats the best Derby County goal you've seen live

superzak

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanchope v United

plenty of Idiakez free kicks, Plymouth and wolves spring to mind

Russell v Forest was sweetly hit as anything. 

Bryson in the playoff final season, everything he hit went flying in!

I'm sure Oakley had a couple of long rangers too. 

Bent v Wolves, up there in the list for the assist too!

Can someone put together a massive compilation so we can all kick back and relax over the nostalgia!

4 hours ago, rynny said:

That goal sums up Theo Robinson. Complete air shot, still somehow gets control of the ball bit of a shuffle bog swing of the leg and it is in the back of the net.

I raise you this one though.

Boiling pot of a game if I remember, good atmosphere! When this went in I had a rush of blood jumped two rows and ended up on top of the advertising boards and luckily fell backwards rather than into the arms of the awaiting steward!

Edit: I remember now I had £3 on 3-1, plus the fact it was Leeds could well have added to my rush of blood ha ha.

9 minutes ago, Ramble On said:

Boiling pot of a game if I remember, good atmosphere! When this went in I had a rush of blood jumped two rows and ended up on top of the advertising boards and luckily fell backwards rather than into the arms of the awaiting steward!

Edit: I remember now I had £3 on 3-1, plus the fact it was Leeds could well have added to my rush of blood ha ha.

Thing that surprised me watching that clip was the number of empty seats around the place, given that we were playing some quite good stuff and it was Leeds.

Came over all nostalgic watching Will half turn and run into space before setting up sammon - proper assist that was.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Thing that surprised me watching that clip was the number of empty seats around the place, given that we were playing some quite good stuff and it was Leeds.

Came over all nostalgic watching Will half turn and run into space before setting up sammon - proper assist that was.

Yes, in those days the two rows in front of me were rarely full if ever. Thus allowing me to spring heel over and launch myself in my love for Ben Davies! 

1 minute ago, Ramble On said:

Yes, in those days the two rows in front of me were rarely full if ever. Thus allowing me to spring heel over and launch myself in my love for Ben Davies! 

That was my other surprise - how butch Ben Davies was when he ripped his shirt off. He seemed to like scoring good goals against Leeds as I remember him smacking in the winner a couple of seasons before in a 2-1

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

There was no enthusiasm for the team at that time though. It had been sapped out of quite a few people by then.

Archived