Whats the best Derby County goal you've seen live

superzak

23 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Very late to this topic. 

Had to be Martin's goal against Wigan:

Not the prettiest, but context is important. He was coming back from injury, we were missing him. It was a terrible match, but when he came on at halftime, the mood of the whole away section lifted. 

That goal made me believe we could do it, that it was our year. Of course , he got injured again in the next match, but that's beside the point. 

Don't think I've ever celebrated a goal quite like that one.

Granty made some cracking saves in that game too. Especially that one in front of us in the first half.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2017 at 19:27, Hoppo said:

Trevor Hebberd v Newcastle

I had a fiver on him as first goal scorer with the bookies at the back of the pop side.

Great goal, great game. One of the first games I remember in the old first division.
Also if you freeze frame the final second of the clip you can see Anna Soubry MP about the only Tory left in the remain camp for the EU, before she was an MP presenting central news east!

On 03/07/2017 at 22:37, DavesaRam said:

And George Thorne's goal against Manure. It might even have been Thorne who played it to Chris Martin, who paused then played a killer through ball to Thorne who hadn't stopped running, who banged it in. It sticks out as something they had planned beforehand in defiance of Clement's dull, dull, then slow it down and go backwards approach. Thorne hadn't been allowed out of his own half all season, so it was direct disobedience, and absolutely brilliant.

Clement genuinely said on Radio Derby afterwards; "I don't know what he was doing there".

Best goal for reaction and euphoria: When Jamie Ward slotted in away at Forest when their player (Cohen?) was lying on the ground and BDavies spread it out left and Ward ran the ball in! I was laughing and crying and shouting and whooping at the same time!

Best goal for sheer comedy: Connor Sammon Vs Middlesbrough, where he was basically kissing Given's knee as the ball went over Given's head, or Sammon Vs Leeds, where he made such a rubbish connection that Paddy Kenny dived past the path the ball would've taken if hit cleanly

Best opponent goal: Alex Rae for Millwall at the BBG in about 1992. Absolute hammerrocketscreamingbelter

Best Derby goal for quality: cannot think of one in particular, hence the stalling tactic of the rest of this comment! lol

Don´t know if it has been mentioned before. Don´t know why but for me it Nigel Callaghan´s winner vs Southampton at The Dell always has a special place in my heart.

Best goal, I ever saw against us (but he did become a Derby player later.) John Harkes

17 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I was also there :D

I was there too.

Just think if there was no Saunders goal, there would have been no Fever Pitch and Michael Thomas´ last minute winner against Liverpool wouldn´t have been as dramatic.

On 14/07/2017 at 11:20, jagerbob said:

Great goal, great game. One of the first games I remember in the old first division.
Also if you freeze frame the final second of the clip you can see Anna Soubry MP about the only Tory left in the remain camp for the EU, before she was an MP presenting central news east!

Now why would you want to do that?

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:17, superzak said:

For me it was the brilliant Alan Hintons goal against Arsenal in the 5-0 drubbing we gave them in the early 70's. 40 years later I watch it on youtube and it still makes the hairs stand up

When I was younger enjoyed Bruce Rioch's goal in 6-2 away win at Ipswich in 76, the Tin Man's goal at away win at Spurs in late 80's, Phil Gee's goal in the famous promotion win v Rotherham, Bobby Davison's goal in 1-1 FA Cup match v Sheff Wed after the game had been postponed twice due to a frozen pitch (I had travelled up twice from London only to see the game P-P) and then more recently, Pearson's Wembley winner and the Bradders team goal in the 4-0 home win over Hull....

Archived