Whats the best Derby County goal you've seen live

superzak

For me it was the brilliant Alan Hintons goal against Arsenal in the 5-0 drubbing we gave them in the early 70's. 40 years later I watch it on youtube and it still makes the hairs stand up

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole BBG chanting "c'mon Derby", except for a tiny pocket of us sat no more than five rows back from the flag; singing "c'mon Simmo" as he stepped up to take that corner for Van Der Laan to head home. Simmo, instead of running in to celebrate with the lads, turns round to celebrate with the little group of us.

Over twenty years later I'll still never forget his face when that ball crossed the line.

Lots of great memories on here. Also been reminded of the Goddard chip over Nevile Southall on another thread. And the Henry Newton screamer I remember (I think!) was at Maine Road in the same game as Franny Lee's "very interesting" effort. But I only watched those on the telly.

Hughes's back heel for the first in the home leg of the playoff semifinal against Brighton was an extraordinary finish. As were most of Giles Barnes's in that season.

Edit @sparkle I see I took too long to type! 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Goddard vs Everton -sheer quality 

So many great goals from that era. 

Goddard away at Man United after Deano had Bruce's pants down

Deano outrunning Paul Parker (who was the fastest defender around) from the halfway line and burying against QPR. 

Gee screamer. 

Hebberd v Man United

Tin Man v Man United

Deano against the red dogs

Happy days!

Archived