Whats the best Derby County goal you've seen live

superzak

On 29/06/2017 at 23:32, Taribo said:

The whole BBG chanting "c'mon Derby", except for a tiny pocket of us sat no more than five rows back from the flag; singing "c'mon Simmo" as he stepped up to take that corner for Van Der Laan to head home. Simmo, instead of running in to celebrate with the lads, turns round to celebrate with the little group of us.

Over twenty years later I'll still never forget his face when that ball crossed the line.

My memories are getting a bit sketchy these days but that's got to be right up there,I can still remember the tension.

Other that I remember being behind the goal(no idea which end)when Strupar curled a free kick over the wall,and it was a thing of beauty.

Some of Simmo's goals the year we went up we're crackers.

I asked my boys and Russell's turn and shot from 30 yards v Bolton and Benty's header v Bristol City for my eldest...brilliant.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Colour-blind said:

Paolo wanchope v man u.Will Hughes v brighton(play-offs).darren bent(Hughes lay-off) v wolves.johnny Russell v the dogs. are ones that stick out the most.?

I watch Russell's goal on you tube and it's has radio Derby Commentary over it.

They are literally screaming as it fly's in.

"WHAT A STRIKE, WHAT A STIRKE"

Gives me goose bumps every time.

I love being a Derby County fan.

Love being from Derbyshire.

Praying that soon we can be back in the top flight and sustain a good long stay.

Get an extra tier built across form the main stand and get 40,000 raging Rams fans in there week in week out.

This season I just hope we go for  it every game and get the fans behind the team.

Never a better feeling than leaping up to celebrate a Rams screamer!

Goddard v Everton will for me will not only be the best Derby goal I've seen but the best goal I've seen full stop.

If it were Messi everyone would be going crazy.

And I'm betting Messi wouldn't have enjoyed playing on the potato field at the Baseball.

One touch and just chipped it straight over Southall who was considered the best keeper alive at the time  

Phil gee's falling volley against the gooners to win it for us infront of a packed to the rafters bbg

or dean saunders bullet header past mark crossley to win it against the red dogs again at the bbg

maybe im rating them more about the occasion than the quality of the goal but who cares they were brilliant goals in their own right 

3 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

I watch Russell's goal on you tube and it's has radio Derby Commentary over it.

They are literally screaming as it fly's in.

"WHAT A STRIKE, WHAT A STIRKE"

Gives me goose bumps every time.

I love being a Derby County fan.

Love being from Derbyshire.

Praying that soon we can be back in the top flight and sustain a good long stay.

Get an extra tier built across form the main stand and get 40,000 raging Rams fans in there week in week out.

This season I just hope we go for  it every game and get the fans behind the team.

Never a better feeling than leaping up to celebrate a Rams screamer!

Goddard v Everton will for me will not only be the best Derby goal I've seen but the best goal I've seen full stop.

If it were Messi everyone would be going crazy.

And I'm betting Messi wouldn't have enjoyed playing on the potato field at the Baseball.

One touch and just chipped it straight over Southall who was considered the best keeper alive at the time  

Your post just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling ... thankyou ?

Your right that goaddard dink supersedes both my suggestions, was simply devine and oozed class

trevor hebbards absolute rocket against newcastle when they played in that horrible green and yellow kit at the bbg was bad either 

Hector's header at Elland Road, 1968, League Cup semi final.

Mick Hopkinson's 40 yard screamer from the Popside touchline against Liverpool, 1961.

(A couple there for oldtimeram! )

And, as above, Idiakez free kick against Plymouth - remarkable - and Russell's stunner against Florist- what a day that was!

I think I remember Hector's goal.  Time has dimmed my memory a bit lol.  I do remember driving home in thick fog in our Austin A30.

Mick Hopkinson's goal was a bit before I started watching the Rams.  I think it was 1963 when I first started going.  I knew Mick.  He was an avid punter at Derby and Nottingham dog tracks, along with Phil Waller back in the 60s 70s and 80s.

Gladys against Newcastle in a 2-0 win at the BBG. He hit it from 40 yards and it was still rising when it went past the goalie (Iam McFaul I think).

Some great shouts on here. For me:

Laursen free kick against United at BBG

Wanchope scored several good goals at home in 97/98 season, United, Blackburn and Spurs spring to mind.

The Oakley Exocet missile v Baggies at home

Giles Barnes at Sunderland, we lost the game but ran through the middle did a 360 spin and smashed it in from 20 yards. Unbelievable goal 

Miller v Newcastle 

But the best one for me in context was Hendrick at the Bridgford end of shitty ground to win it for the mighty 10 men. Great finish and meant everything. Still the highlight of my 20+ years watching Derby!

5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I think I remember Hector's goal.  Time has dimmed my memory a bit lol.  I do remember driving home in thick fog in our Austin A30.

Mick Hopkinson's goal was a bit before I started watching the Rams.  I think it was 1963 when I first started going.  I knew Mick.  He was an avid punter at Derby and Nottingham dog tracks, along with Phil Waller back in the 60s 70s and 80s.

What about hectors cracker against Benfica.So many over the years.

Archived