Qatar....hmm

McRamFan

Claims of alleged corruption in Qatar's successful 2022 World Cup bid have been published in the German media.

Bild newspaper says it has obtained the "suppressed" 2014 report authored by former Fifa independent ethics investigator Michael Garcia.

Bild's report includes details of a $2m (£1.6m) sum allegedly paid to the 10-year-old daughter of a Fifa official.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40412928

Anyone shocked?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Isn't this just stating the bloody obvious, why else would you be allowed to host a World Cup in the height of the summer in a known terrorist hotspot?

In the desert with no footballing culture and some questionable attitudes which some might consider to be at odds with FIFA's claimed beliefs about changing the world for good.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

Isn't this just stating the bloody obvious, why else would you be allowed to host a World Cup in the height of the summer in a known terrorist hotspot?

There's millions of good reasons to hold it there at that time. Millions and millions. Maybe billions.

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Because clearly, Qatar, having a population of a little over 2 million is in desperate need of 12 enormous modern stadiums to cater for the almost non existent domestic demand for football..

Sith Happens

German media reporting on alleged corruption involving a successful world cup bid? And in other news they publish an article involving a pot calling a kettle black.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

German media reporting on alleged corruption involving a successful world cup bid? And in other news they publish an article involving a pot calling a kettle black.

Any news around the pope's preferred headwear, or toiletry habits of wild ursines?

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Garcia's report shows the FA up just as badly in the 2018 bid. We were bribing officials n voters to get  support for that. 

Where Russia playing by the book then? Not read the report, but it sounds like the games when to the highest bidder?

I can't believe Russia didn't do anything wrong, let's face it, their athletes have been banned haven't they?

Everyone's in it for one thing. Money...... seeing as the English were just as corruptible doesn't surprise. 

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Where Russia playing by the book then? Not read the report, but it sounds like the games when to the highest bidder?

I can't believe Russia didn't do anything wrong, let's face it, their athletes have been banned haven't they?

The report clears Russia of any wrong doings to secure  their bid. There were question marks over Quatar but no further actions to be taken as per the 2014 interim report. 

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

The report clears Russia of any wrong doings to secure  their bid. There were question marks over Quatar but no further actions to be taken as per the 2014 interim report. 

I heard that we (Englands bid) supplied every email sent regards the World Cup bid for the investigation. Russia did not.

Russia come out as white as my gluten free underpants.  We didn't.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Russia come out as white as my gluten free underpants.  We didn't.

Our bid hit the skids.

Archived