Jake Buxton - signed for Burton

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Personally i like the wingers to mix it up swapping sides like we did under Mac 1 to keep the full backs on their toes. We've become so rigid and one dimensional it's easy to defend against. Ince and a right footed winger swapping every so often would be good. Like Russell and ward used to

Umm. What wing is Bucko on?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We could sign May (Sheffield Wednesday), Hunt (Portsmouth), and  David Davis ( Birmingham) to go with Johnson in midfield. 

Lol ... And Thatcher (Man City and Ipswich from a while back and played on the left ??!!!! ) then showing my age Callaghan (Liverpool) Jees we also had a Wilson and a Currie ( but I'd prefer Tony to Darren or Edwina ) 

there's even a Scargill in none league somewhere in Sheffield and you can sponsor him for £35 quid

talk about a coalition of chaos 

58 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Umm. What wing is Bucko on?

Haven't a clue how that ended up in this thread!! No wonder some of the stuff on this forums doesn't make sense when posts just get randomly dumped in a thread. 

That explains some of the nonsense some people post, no offence ?

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

They're in talks over the fee.

Can't see NC passing up the opportunity to sign him, even though if I'm being brutally honest he's possibly one defender too many but as the ex Sheff Utd chairman once said, this is no ordinary full back, this is John Brayford.

Looks like a 5 at the back is very possible.

Buxton, Turner, Macfadzean, Brayford and Warnock. Blimey there's some solid experience there.

Some pace in that back 5, 

39 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Haven't a clue how that ended up in this thread!! No wonder some of the stuff on this forums doesn't make sense when posts just get randomly dumped in a thread. 

That explains some of the nonsense some people post, no offence ?

I know I've just got home after a very liquid lunch and I'm lying down on a sofa but I don't understand this post. This is the Bucko thread isn't it?

6 hours ago, jono said:

Lol ... And Thatcher (Man City and Ipswich from a while back and played on the left ??!!!! ) then showing my age Callaghan (Liverpool) Jees we also had a Wilson and a Currie ( but I'd prefer Tony to Darren or Edwina ) 

there's even a Scargill in none league somewhere in Sheffield and you can sponsor him for £35 quid

talk about a coalition of chaos 

We could get the german u21 manager in too.

22 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

They're in talks over the fee.

Can't see NC passing up the opportunity to sign him, even though if I'm being brutally honest he's possibly one defender too many but as the ex Sheff Utd chairman once said, this is no ordinary full back, this is John Brayford.

Looks like a 5 at the back is very possible.

Buxton, Turner, Macfadzean, Brayford and Warnock. Blimey there's some solid experience there.

I think it's crazy Brayford only has Burton as an option. No offence to Burton but look at the teams rumoured to be after Christie who although younger isn't really half the player. What went so badly wrong at Cardiff and Sheffield United that wasn't evident here or Burton?

19 minutes ago, Rample said:

I think it's crazy Brayford only has Burton as an option. No offence to Burton but look at the teams rumoured to be after Christie who although younger isn't really half the player. What went so badly wrong at Cardiff and Sheffield United that wasn't evident here or Burton?

I thought he wasn't that good. Not brave enough without the ball, left CB's to trouble and so on. Got slated for for my views, obviously, but I'm not suprised he is struggling to get Championship team.

I'm no fan of Christie, I'm no fan of Brayford and I do love attacking fullbacks... bit weird combo some might say.

20 minutes ago, Rample said:

Still a damm fine player if you ask me and he can play in a variety of positions apparently he is on £10,000 per week at sheff united and they paid a portion of his wages when at Burton last year but sheff united want him off the wage bill - which puts a lot of our deals into perspective- I wouldn't be upset if even we signed him.

26 minutes ago, Rample said:

He's basically followed Clough everywhere. He dropped 2 divisions to do so. I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Archived