Jake Buxton - signed for Burton

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Yes........but rumoured he is about to sign for Burton along with Buxton.

Think he'd choose Burton ahead of Buxton to be honest - he must have a few decent seasons left at this level before he needs to drop down to the Northern Premier League...

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're wrong on Bryson, he's still a player. But if you lot are happy to let him leave, the Brewers would love to have him.

AGREED 150%

Bryson will have a season and a half under Rowett - He's an absolute engine - You cannot under value having a guy who is an extra man in every defence and attack because he covers so much ground

Plus the very best (for me) we've played under Rowett was the Wolves game (first 30 mins at least) where Butters sat deep and Johnson and Bryson were everywhere in front of him - Switch in Thorne instead of Butters and hello winning midfield

10 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't count Warnock, not at the club under NC so I never liked him. Now I need to start I guess.

Sammon, can't see NC going back in for him. I like him as a lad but he's had too many spells without goals for him suddenly to turn into the goalscoring target man NC hoped he'd be.

You're wrong on Bryson, he's still a player. But if you lot are happy to let him leave, the Brewers would love to have him.

Don't take any notice of some of the fools on here - Bryson's got plenty left in the tank so you'll have to wait another couple of seasons before having any chance of getting him - reckon he'll go back to Scotland though when he leaves Derby.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn't Brayford only on loan and now back at Sheff Utd?

They're in talks over the fee.

Can't see NC passing up the opportunity to sign him, even though if I'm being brutally honest he's possibly one defender too many but as the ex Sheff Utd chairman once said, this is no ordinary full back, this is John Brayford.

Looks like a 5 at the back is very possible.

Buxton, Turner, Macfadzean, Brayford and Warnock. Blimey there's some solid experience there.

Personally i like the wingers to mix it up swapping sides like we did under Mac 1 to keep the full backs on their toes. We've become so rigid and one dimensional it's easy to defend against. Ince and a right footed winger swapping every so often would be good. Like Russell and ward used to

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't count Warnock, not at the club under NC so I never liked him. Now I need to start I guess.

Sammon, can't see NC going back in for him. I like him as a lad but he's had too many spells without goals for him suddenly to turn into the goalscoring target man NC hoped he'd be.

Absolutely correct Sir...Bryson is a top quality midfielder. If he goes to Burton, I go with him. 

Archived