kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Jake Buxton - signed for Burton

Latest Updates

We all love Bucko but its a backwards step imo. Surely there's some promising young centre backs at lower league teams to get as a back up / pushing for a first team place? Rawson mustn't be as promising as people think if so many managers seem to be overlooking him.

Love you Bucko,but playing no.

Involved with the club or coaching or even the club nutter who prowls the corridors at Moor Farm and sits rocking in a corner.

The days of watching him spray it out to Fozzy and going from defence to the opposition penalty area in 7 seconds are gone :(.

I`ve heard from a decent source that we have offered him a 1 year deal, but he has been told that his chances of a regular place in the team are slim, but GR likes his attitude and wants him around the 1st team squad.

He is torn as he really wants to come back but has been offered 2 year deals by Burton and Notts C and he still feels that he can perform at this level so I fully expect him to go to Burton.

7 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

No, no, and no for me. Burton-fine. Good luck bucko. Will always remember the 2 goals against the wendies. 

Of all the goals… it's those two? :huh:

8 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

I`ve heard from a decent source that we have offered him a 1 year deal, but he has been told that his chances of a regular place in the team are slim, but GR likes his attitude and wants him around the 1st team squad.

He is torn as he really wants to come back but has been offered 2 year deals by Burton and Notts C and he still feels that he can perform at this level so I fully expect him to go to Burton.

This sounds extremely likely - I suspect that Shackell is seen as surplus (33 now and he's hardly a team player) and they're trying to encourage him out - Plus wouldn't be shocked to see Pearce go if we get an offer since he'll want first team football

I know it's entirely heart based but I WANT HIM BACK!!!!! GIVE ME MY BUCKO BACK!!!!

Keogh and Davies would be our best combo at CB - But just having El Buckonator in a Derby shirt again will bring tears to my eyes

Caveat - This may be a gross over reaction to losing Hughes

I hope he ends up at Burton, let's be honest he's well behind Keogh Davies Wisdom Shackell and Pearce at centreback. Sentimental signing that would weaken the team!

23 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

"Hi Jake, we've got some really good youngsters coming through, do you mind coming back and just making sure they don't get anywhere near the first team squad, thanks, Gary"