Steven Caulker - Signed for Dundee

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in a nutshell he's crap !! one of the most overrated players I've seen and positionally terrible and loses the player he's marking far too often, he was a disaster at Cardiff and doesn't get a game at QPR .... always wondered what anyone saw in him....so hopefully not lol :unsure:

Can't see him fitting the Rowett ethos at all. For the most part he has a reputation as a trouble-maker and general all round prick. Seems to keep getting in trouble off the pitch as well. Moscow were going to pay him 100k a week and pulled out because they had doubts about his commitment. Don't think Gary would take a risk on someone like that 

20 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Can't see him fitting the Rowett ethos at all. For the most part he has a reputation as a trouble-maker and general all round prick. Seems to keep getting in trouble off the pitch as well. Moscow were going to pay him 100k a week and pulled out because they had doubts about his commitment. Don't think Gary would take a risk on someone like that 

Perhaps Rowett is offering him a last chance saloon and he knows it. He was clearly very talented at a point in his career.

I agree he is potentially an ********, but to be fair I remember reading that Martin was banned from all the pubs in Norwich when he signed and look how that worked out!

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Saw him play his 1 game for England in a friendly v Sweden. He scored too. Played centre half alongside Ryan Shawcross and they had a mate v Zlatan, seems an eternity ago now does that game. 

Well if he can't handle Zlatan then what chance would he have against Jumbo Cummings or whatever his name is that Forest have just signed?

Steer clear.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Surely not?

What nob head would offer Andreas Weimann 40k a week?

Tell me about it mate. When i found out I almost threw up! Most pro players go to the Winter Wonderland thing in London at Xmas. Few Derby players were there and laughed about him not getting games and he said, "at least I'm on 40 g's " 

I wouldn't mind Caulker in for Shackell or Pearce. I'm all for signing players whose stock is down in comparison to their previous levels. He's a very solid defender, not the best footballer, but he has a little bit of athleticism which we know from experience Rowett likes.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't mind Caulker in for Shackell or Pearce. I'm all for signing players whose stock is down in comparison to their previous levels. He's a very solid defender, not the best footballer, but he has a little bit of athleticism which we know from experience Rowett likes.

Agreed. Shackell/Pearce out with Caulker in would suit me fine. More likely to be Keogh and another CB out though.

I think Caulker would only be coming in if Keogh was to be sold.

Shackell will be almost certainly be moved out, on loan if necessary.

Pearce I'd keep around as the backup centre half, he seems a good lad/proper old school pro just like Bucko.

Caulker is gargabe!!!....watch Cardiffs goals conceded in premiership.No positional sense and awareness, At Qpr he's struggling as well......hes not as good as people think.....Keogh and Shackell are better by miles...

The reason I remember how bad he was was because he was a big money signing and was terrible and when I watched the goals week in week out Caulker was nowhere and was  found out.....i really hope we steer clear....we have enough back up CB's anyway

Archived