Steven Caulker - Signed for Dundee

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always try to pick up a player with high potential when their stock is low. Exactly what we did with Ince, Martin and recently Wisdom, to great success.

I understand that we don't need him this season but Davies is 33, we can't plan the teams future around him. We have the oldest squad in the league, as much as I think we have a really good chance of promotion this season, we can't bet it all on this group then find ourselves stuck with exclusively older players down our spine.

Caulker's had his troubles in the past but he's been really progressive by speaking about them in the media and tackling them head on. Now more than ever, I feel that Derby's back to being a healthy, stable club for players to come to after a hectic few years. 

Not only are we settled with a good, young manager and heading in the right direction, but Rowett's man management seems excellent. The squad seems really happy, players who've struggled (I'm particularly thinking of Weimann) now seem happy, confident and are producing on the pitch.

This would be a great landing spot for Caulker. No pressure to jump straight into the first team, a great environment for him to rehabilitate and two genuinely outstanding professionals in Davies and Keogh to learn off.

The only issue is obviously the squad size but if there was any way of shifting out Shackell and maybe Pearce on loan, I think this would be such a good chance for Caulker to turn his career around and Derby to get their hands on a talented, young CB.

4 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Always try to pick up a player with high potential when their stock is low. Exactly what we did with Ince, Martin and recently Wisdom, to great success.

I understand that we don't need him this season but Davies is 33, we can't plan the teams future around him. We have the oldest squad in the league, as much as I think we have a really good chance of promotion this season, we can't bet it all on this group then find ourselves stuck with exclusively older players down our spine.

Caulker's had his troubles in the past but he's been really progressive by speaking about them in the media and tackling them head on. Now more than ever, I feel that Derby's back to being a healthy, stable club for players to come to after a hectic few years. 

Not only are we settled with a good, young manager and heading in the right direction, but Rowett's man management seems excellent. The squad seems really happy, players who've struggled (I'm particularly thinking of Weimann) now seem happy, confident and are producing on the pitch.

This would be a great landing spot for Caulker. No pressure to jump straight into the first team, a great environment for him to rehabilitate and two genuinely outstanding professionals in Davies and Keogh to learn off.

The only issue is obviously the squad size but if there was any way of shifting out Shackell and maybe Pearce on loan, I think this would be such a good chance for Caulker to turn his career around and Derby to get their hands on a talented, young CB.

So why don't QPR want him?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So why don't QPR want him?

Probably doesn't feature in Holloways' plans and a substantial wage off their payroll which they can use elsewhere. Interesting that he still has over 6 months left on his contract so could be he's already sorted with another club to go to - just hope it's not us.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

surprised at this decent player. Glad to see he has come back from his mental issues and hope he can kick on

He plugged a gap for them.

13 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lets just hope he bonds with his team mates quickly.

You can't gloss over the fact he has had his issues, hammerite or am I wrong?

Wouldn’t want the silly conte at our club 

Archived