What do you really think of Morris?

oldtimeram

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

in my opinion, Mel Morris up to now has been a complete failure for this club, we have not progressed at all. yes he made some fancy changes here and there etc etc however where it matters on the pitch, just look at us. 

the last match i went too was brentford away, i left that stadium and could not believe what i had witnessed. we were battered, it was embarrasing. im sure mel morris took control proper after the play off final defeat to Qpr :-( (that moment still haunts me ) we were a fantastic team at that point look at what we did to brighton in the semi finals :-O i remember watching that game and thinking wow were the real deal (if we could have scored who knows where that team would have got us) 

can anyone truthfully say that since mel morris has taken over at derby anything good has happened to us footballing wise, wheres the academy players in our first 11? why in the past 3 seasons have we not signed anyone that improves us as a team.

when clement was appointed and he mentioned that he wanted to sign abdoul camara why  did noone take him out back and shoot him? why was pearson ever hired, i mean was mel morris thinking this is going to be so bad it just might work? when martin was loaned out why didnt he do something then? it was obviously ******** where was his spine? when sam rush is going around buying his agent friends players did mel not think hang on a moment why is this wasser fella always here, did he not see something was going on? i could blame him for so much im sure we all could. i honestly think he was doing what he thought was the best thing he could do and that was trust the manager. 

hes made a lot of mistakes and potentially he may well have just made one with young hughes, truth be told losing one of our own who was actually really good and not bang average is pretty gut wrenching but ya know i cant wait to see that little fella in an england shirt.

since mel morris took over we have gone from a fantastic football team to a team that gets absolutely spanked senseless by brentford, we have gone backwards, we are left with a team of over paid under performers that i dont think we will be able to shift, i have no doubt we are

Mel if i worked for you and had performed this poorly you would no doubt sack me. now i dont want you to walk away, i want you to come out and say you know what guys n gals i cocked up, iv learnt from it and were going to go forward, i want to see a derby team that entertain, or at least have some idea of what the hell there trying to do? i dont want to drive home feeling like i did after that brentford game it was bloody unacceptable! 

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Here, Here. 

We have become extremely complacent with respect (or lack there of) to our fellow Ram Mel. 

Respect is earned; so far he's done nothing to justify the praise some give him. He's taken this club absolutely nowhere and instead has made us something of a laughing stock at times. When we actually achieve something then he'll deserve praise. 

I'm happy to have him as our owner and am very pleased with his investment in the clubs infrastructure. I do think he needs help running the club and hopefully the new board members will be strong enough to tell him if they think he is in the wrong and hopefully he will listen. The one thing I am 100% sure of is his love for the club and his determination to do what it takes to get us back amongst the top clubs.

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Respect is earned; so far he's done nothing to justify the praise some give him. He's taken this club absolutely nowhere and instead has made us something of a laughing stock at times. When we actually achieve something then he'll deserve praise. 

If you were in his position financially (you may be I don't know ?) would you put the level of investment in to the club. 

Because in all honesty (I love this club as much as anyone else) but that said I wouldn't have invested the money Mel Morris has and for that reason I am appreciative of his input both financial and passion equally.

I personally am aware of how fortunate we are to have him, other clubs would trade places with us in a heart beat IMHO ?

He's open to criticism, but can we really blame Mel for the Hughes sale? Will clearly wanted to have a crack at the Prem, and without knowing the in's and outs of his Derby contract (release clause/promise?) and the details of the sell-on clause, who's to say if we've made a bad sale? Morris is a lot of things, but I don't think he would have handed Will over without fighting for the best deal possible. 

TobyWanKenobi

Mel won't be judged as much on the Hughes sale, more on the replacement, and I'm not optimistic as it stands.

1 hour ago, Bazal77 said:

Hi all

in my opinion, Mel Morris up to now has been a complete failure for this club, we have not progressed at all. yes he made some fancy changes here and there etc etc however where it matters on the pitch, just look at us. 

the last match i went too was brentford away, i left that stadium and could not believe what i had witnessed. we were battered, it was embarrasing. im sure mel morris took control proper after the play off final defeat to Qpr :-( (that moment still haunts me ) we were a fantastic team at that point look at what we did to brighton in the semi finals :-O i remember watching that game and thinking wow were the real deal (if we could have scored who knows where that team would have got us) 

can anyone truthfully say that since mel morris has taken over at derby anything good has happened to us footballing wise, wheres the academy players in our first 11? why in the past 3 seasons have we not signed anyone that improves us as a team.

when clement was appointed and he mentioned that he wanted to sign abdoul camara why  did noone take him out back and shoot him? why was pearson ever hired, i mean was mel morris thinking this is going to be so bad it just might work? when martin was loaned out why didnt he do something then? it was obviously ******** where was his spine? when sam rush is going around buying his agent friends players did mel not think hang on a moment why is this wasser fella always here, did he not see something was going on? i could blame him for so much im sure we all could. i honestly think he was doing what he thought was the best thing he could do and that was trust the manager. 

hes made a lot of mistakes and potentially he may well have just made one with young hughes, truth be told losing one of our own who was actually really good and not bang average is pretty gut wrenching but ya know i cant wait to see that little fella in an england shirt.

since mel morris took over we have gone from a fantastic football team to a team that gets absolutely spanked senseless by brentford, we have gone backwards, we are left with a team of over paid under performers that i dont think we will be able to shift, i have no doubt we are

Mel if i worked for you and had performed this poorly you would no doubt sack me. now i dont want you to walk away, i want you to come out and say you know what guys n gals i cocked up, iv learnt from it and were going to go forward, i want to see a derby team that entertain, or at least have some idea of what the hell there trying to do? i dont want to drive home feeling like i did after that brentford game it was bloody unacceptable! 

Is that you Sam? 

TobyWanKenobi
3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

He will deliver great things. Just be patient. 

I hope all the haters choke on their humble pie when that time arrives. 

Should we be as patient as Mel is with managers?

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

He will deliver great things. Just be patient. 

I hope all the haters choke on their humble pie when that time arrives. 

Why would people choke on humble pie? For stating facts that were correct at the time? 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

See. You're not even mildly annoyed are you? Be an ugly sister next year. 

Nope, not annoyed with you.. I think you are with me though with your strange desperate weird posts..

Still the season will start soon and you can get back to shagging Rammie at half time.

Archived