Has another Derby Manager got to back down in his philosophy

Curtains

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

How am I deflecting from the main point? And by main point I assume you are on about the thread? I will ask my questions again.

The premise of the question is will Rowett have to back down and compromise on his beliefs because certain Derby Fans don't like it. 

If you wish to disect it that's up to you but to me it's just a statement.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that Rowett's 'philosophies' are anything problematic for most of us - He seems to want to prioritise hard work and desire which we all appreciate - And he's never been against flair and attacking skillfully - In fact he said he was looking forward when he came to working with such exciting players

I also tend to agree with the attitude of not keeping a player who wants out and I suspect that's happened with Hughesy - Best of luck to him

1 minute ago, curtains said:

The premise of the question is will Rowett have to back down and compromise on his beliefs because certain Derby Fans don't like it. 

If you wish to disect it that's up to you but to me it's just a statement.  

But it is a question not a statement. And if you believe that every manager we have had in the last 10 years has had to change their philosophy why won't you back that up to prove your point that Rowett will have to as well?

I am concerned about the potential sale of Hughes as i rate him highly and do not feel the fee will be good enougg to justify his departure 

But i will not judge GR on this transfer alone. It's how the season pans out that he will be judged and rightly so.

A few wins and everyone forgets about Hughes.

45 minutes ago, curtains said:

I didn't say they had changed their philosophy and they ended up leaving DCFC. 

I believe some fans want Rowett to change his already .

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

Its my belief that Derby Managers in the past have changed their philosophy on how they want to play football at Derby because it isn't the Derby Way due to fan pressure so in that sense yes they have had to change their philosophy.

Have a word with yourself.

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's been critised on here for buying old players and letting a young player if he goes already. 

Where is the support for Rowett on this forum anymore. 

People saying already they are not impressed with the end of last seasons. Etc. 

Yes he's been criticised but by how many? A dozen?, 20?, 30? Out of the 30,000 plus who would consider themselves supporters. As I say, the silent majority. 

I can't be bothered to trawl through but I'm sure there are some posts in support of/trust in GR. You can't actually expect too many at the moment, as we're all feeling a bit sore about the departure of Hughes. 

I'm sure most of us had pretty low expectations regarding the end of last season. I wouldn't even read too much into GR's team selection. Maybe he was experimenting. Maybe he was giving players he didn't fancy keeping a run out in competitive matches before making his mind up. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

But it is a question not a statement. And if you believe that every manager we have had in the last 10 years has had to change their philosophy why won't you back that up to prove your point that Rowett will have to as well?

I believe Pearson had to change his philosophy and revert back to a 4-3-3 from 4-4-2 and Clement was told his football was too slow from back to front etc .

McClaren was probably backed  along with Clough on this forum more than the other two and Wassall and Powell didn't really do the job very long. 

Regarding Rowett I'm hearing on this forum criticism already and if Hughes goes if he doesn't do well right away like say Pearson didn't then he will come under big pressure.

I wouldn't like to predict how It will go next season but I back Rowett. 

It's my belief Gary Rowett will be a very good Derby Manager with or without Will Hughes etc etc. 

10 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I am concerned about the potential sale of Hughes as i rate him highly and do not feel the fee will be good enougg to justify his departure 

But i will not judge GR on this transfer alone. It's how the season pans out that he will be judged and rightly so.

A few wins and everyone forgets about Hughes.

A few losses and they won't. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes he's been criticised but by how many? A dozen?, 20?, 30? Out of the 30,000 plus who would consider themselves supporters. As I say, the silent majority. 

I can't be bothered to trawl through but I'm sure there are some posts in support of/trust in GR. You can't actually expect too many at the moment, as we're all feeling a bit sore about the departure of Hughes. 

I'm sure most of us had pretty low expectations regarding the end of last season. I wouldn't even read too much into GR's team selection. Maybe he was experimenting. Maybe he was giving players he didn't fancy keeping a run out in competitive matches before making his mind up. 

I agree. 

Mark my words if Rowett doesn't get it right the Hughes sale could be his nemesis 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

It's my belief Gary Rowett will be a very good Derby Manager with or without Will Hughes etc etc. 

Your rating of GR is based on belief, my rating of WH is based on evidence - we know Will is good.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

The fans views could bring Rowett down with some Derby fans 

Clough ,McClaren ,Clement Wassall, Pearson , McClaren and now Rowett is getting the treatment. 

About time we had a @curtains thread.

Better than a Sky box set in 4K.

Can't judge a case unless you have all the evidence,you will have to wait till the start of the season and look at all the transfer business.

Everything is purely circumstantial so far.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I believe Pearson had to change his philosophy and revert back to a 4-3-3 from 4-4-2 and Clement was told his football was too slow from back to front etc .

McClaren was probably backed  along with Clough on this forum more than the other two and Wassall and Powell didn't really do the job very long. 

Regarding Rowett I'm hearing on this forum criticism already and if Hughes goes if he doesn't do well right away like say Pearson didn't then he will come under big pressure.

I wouldn't like to predict how It will go next season but I back Rowett. 

So you listed all the managers from the last 10 years but only Pearson (who actually didn't play 4-3-3 here, it was mentioned we were going to do so even if he had not been suspended for the Cardiff game after the players had asked to play them in a formation to get the best out of them) and Clement who was in his first job trying to find a working philosophy. Tell me how many managers get that right from the beginning?

So you don't think a manager getting rid of a fan favourite and one of the better players in the team would be under pressure if they get off to a poor start?

Whether or not you agree to selling Hughes you cannot deny that a big decision like that is not going to impact the fans feelings. If we sell him and we get off to a flier, then Rowett will be justified in selling. If we get off to a bad start then he will be under pressure.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought it was the previous manager unwillingness to back down from their philosophy that got them the sack?

Am not aware of any that have changed philosophy due to fan pressure.

Pearson reverted back from his favoured  4-4-2 back to 4-3-3 under pressure 

49 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's been critised on here for buying old players and letting a young player if he goes already. 

Where is the support for Rowett on this forum anymore. 

People saying already they are not impressed with the end of last seasons. Etc. 

I fully support GR.  I'm more than happy with his signings so far, and I fully support his decision to sell Hughes, I just don't support the board's decision to accept such a poxy amount for him...

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

I agree. 

Mark my words if Rowett doesn't get it right the Hughes sale could be his nemesis 

And why do I get the feeling you'll be at the front of the pitchfork brandishing crowd, if we do have an iffy patch...

Archived