John Aldridge Clown of the Week Award

David

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an ex-pro you would have thought he'd know better. 

He obviously thinks Liverpool are a bigger club than Southampton so its okay.  As others have said, would he be quite so happy if a bigger club showed interest in one of Liverpools players.

Gotta applaud David on the use of the word clown though - wasn't the first word I though of when I read the article.

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm not changing it, I'll stand by my mistake

Twataldridge as he's known to me.

The bloke is a disgrace, I nearly had a fight with him when I was 16 - he ruffled Brian Laws hair when he scored an own goal during the Hillsborough replay game at Old Trafford which is one of the worst things you can do to a fellow pro, maybe outside of spitting in their face.

Lawsy was gutted and livid about it. a week or so later, the **** did it again when Chettle scored an own goal at Anfield. When we got back on the team coach, I asked Chett why he didn't knock him out and he said he wanted to but the gaffer would have gone mental if he'd got sent off, in other words he couldn't do anything about it.

But I could. I got off the team bus, went to find Aldridge and told him exactly what I thought of him.

I had to be dragged away by Steve Nicol, John Barnes and Des Walker, 'cos I was shouting at twataldridge in the tunnel at Anfield and he was coming for me. Now maybe I deserved a clip, but the fact he was ready to crack a 16 year old with big teeth and glasses shows what kind of brave bloke he is.

A real bell end of the highest order.

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

he ruffled Brian Laws hair when he scored an own goal during the Hillsborough replay game at Old Trafford which is one of the worst things you can do to a fellow pro, maybe outside of spitting in their face.

Not sure about that Ronnie, some of us would be grateful we had hair that could be ruffled! 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yeah but that was Forest so it doesn't count.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yeah but that was Forest so it doesn't count.

If he did it while billy Davies was in charge of them I'd probably have bought him a pint ?

Class reply though ramnut made me chuckle the mouthful of milk out of my big gob ?

Archived