Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

Not being one of those 'experts' on FFP but having listened to Rowetts' recent interviews where there's been more than a hint that a brake has had to be put on transfer fees and probably more importantly wages, i can't believe the club would be considering someone like Joe Ledley if his wage demands are anywhere near £30k p.w. - it would be madness.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21.6.2017 at 12:01, Srg said:

If you're playing 4231 which most seem to think we are for whatever reason, then having a deep lying playmaker like Hughes is fantastic - and addition to that, he actually racks up more tackles than our other midfielders.

But cheers for the condescension.

On what planet is Hughes a better option than Tom Huddlestone?

Hughes cant switch play at all, let alone ping it 50 yards, which is what we need to stretch play and use the pace of Vydra, Lawrence and Weimann

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not that good.

No, I wouldn't say so either. 

He's clearly playing it clever, though. An ambitious championship side with money to spend will eventually stump up to his demands, but I guess he can't expect to stay out of football for too much longer either. He was on the bench for Wales in the last two games, when he's been ever-present in their recent good form, probably due to the lack of a pre-season and match fitness.  

Ledley is a good player, I mean he still did a good job for Palace last season in the Premier League, well at least for half the season when he was still ever-present in their starting XI. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a complete game changer for us, but I'd be surprised if he's not better than Dutch Keith, perhaps significantly, just more expensive. 

Wales fans certainly rate him as a key player in their side, which is showing in their frustration that he is seemingly not doing much to get a club and get training week-in, week-out. 

I'd definitely take him and I think it would be a great move for him, too. I just think he's holding out for a retirement gravy train contract. I doubt we will give him that, nor do I think we should. 

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If they do look on here then I would like to make them aware that I think their website is absolute garbage.

'Please answer this quick question to access the article'

*Closes tab*.

Get yourself an ad blocker n your life.

10 hours ago, KBB said:

If he has turned down other offers from champ clubs then he ain't going to take that kind of offer. I imagine he would probably be insulted by such an offer to be brutally honest.

Has he turned down other teams or is it just agent talk to try and make clubs cone in for him quicker? Because I'm pretty sure he would of taken a offer just before the season because no player wants to be out of work 

I think we might take a gamble on him now. Probably only until the end of the year though. He needs match fitness and a shop window and we could use another body if we still have lofty ambitions.

Would probably take 20-30k a week short term deal and we either renegotiate in January if he impresses or let him leave. Major factor could probably be him not wanting to relocate for a short term move. For that reason I wouldn't rule out him returning to Palace if Hodgson wanted him.

Still think he has it but he would only return to being that player if he was a first choice, and I'm not sure we'd let him walk straight in and stay there regardless until he reached fitness and form.

11 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Hughes cant switch play at all, let alone ping it 50 yards, which is what we need to stretch play and use the pace of Vydra, Lawrence and Weimann

You're quoting a post that was made a month before Huddlestone even signed though....

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Wales fans certainly rate him as a key player in their side, which is showing in their frustration that he is seemingly not doing much to get a club and get training week-in, week-out. 

I'd definitely take him and I think it would be a great move for him, too. I just think he's holding out for a retirement gravy train contract. I doubt we will give him that, nor do I think we should. 

I would prefer to concentrate on getting a player in who wants to be here, who will enhance the team morale. Not sure Ledley would fit and for the money would he be worth it. Would prefer to wait or go cheap! Lets hope the U23 lads can fill a gap. :)

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I would prefer to concentrate on getting a player in who wants to be here, who will enhance the team morale. Not sure Ledley would fit and for the money would he be worth it. Would prefer to wait or go cheap! Lets hope the U23 lads can fill a gap. :)

Exactly

There is no doubt he's a talented player - But Rowett has said from the start he wants a harmonious squad of players who are passionate and hungry to play for Derby - I don't think that could be said of Ledley

20 hours ago, jagerbob said:

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hey @Carl Sagan can you advise?

27 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Planet Earth?

Ramnut beat me to it, but I'd add that Will's pale complexion would also be very handy on Mars allowing him to absorb the most of the low sunlight, good for general health but also Vitamin D production for healthy footballing bones. And in the lower gravity he'd be able to ping it way more than 50 yards!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ramnut beat me to it, but I'd add that Will's pale complexion would also be very handy on Mars allowing him to absorb the most of the low sunlight, good for general health but also Vitamin D production for healthy footballing bones. And in the lower gravity he'd be able to ping it way more than 50 yards!

...which reminds me of that piece of legendary radio commentary "...long ball to Venus," *

* Wolves had a player at the time called Mark Venus. 

Archived