Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had some good Welsh uns playing for the rams in the past. Dean Saunders was one of my all time favourite rams, and who can forget Leighton James and Geraint Williams to name just a few. I just hope our newest dragons in Ledley and Lawrence ( sounds like a comedy double act ) will be able to put a smile back on our faces for a change, cos by heck we could do with some cheering up lately. COYR

We only had Huddlestone, Johnson and Baird as experienced fit midfielders.

Our only other fit midfielder turned 17 a few days ago and hasn't played a league match.

I've no idea about Hanson's injury, but I think the club has come to a decision that none of him, Thorne or Guy is going to be properly in contention anytime soon. Maybe not until Christmas.

Playing only two in midfield isn't working away from home. And what if our two main midfielders get injured or suspended? It's pretty obvious we needed another body. We have to hope Ledley has kept himself in decent condition. He's played a lot of internationals and a lot of Premier League games. It's actually pretty hard to think who we might have got right now who could have been better.

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Gonna throw it out there as it's sort of relevant to my drunken mind.

weve signed joe ledley because he was a free agent but I've just seen Brighton have signed Tim Krul on a permanent deal even though he was on loan? Any transfer window wizzes care to explain? 

If your 'keepers are injured you can sign another on loan at any time 

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Gonna throw it out there as it's sort of relevant to my drunken mind.

weve signed joe ledley because he was a free agent but I've just seen Brighton have signed Tim Krul on a permanent deal even though he was on loan? Any transfer window wizzes care to explain? 

Just read Newcastle released him so he could join permanently.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

But in the Kieftenbeld thread someone stated that Birmingham couldn't make him a free agent now and us sign him -he had to be a free agent before end of transfer window. 

Is it different if the player is already loaned to you in the window? 

Very confusing. ....

Makes you wonder why CP didn't want him  or offer a deal he wanted to sign.looks like they could do with him now if he's that good. Obviously no other takers in window. Played Russian roulette and lost. 

Could be a good signing. Could impress early like Hudds but we soon realise he's too slow. Could be the glue that knits the team together. Either way, good deal for all as he needs to play somewhere to stay in Coleman's squad to even have a chance of Russia. Will Rowett throw him in against Brum? I think not but cameo to hold onto a lead maybe for 15. 

Just now, oomarkwright said:

Makes you wonder why CP didn't want him  or offer a deal he wanted to sign.looks like they could do with him now if he's that good. Obviously no other takers in window. Played Russian roulette and lost. 

Could be a good signing. Could impress early like Hudds but we soon realise he's too slow. Could be the glue that knits the team together. Either way, good deal for all as he needs to play somewhere to stay in Coleman's squad to even have a chance of Russia. Will Rowett throw him in against Brum? I think not but cameo to hold onto a lead maybe for 15. 

About right.

Bring him on with brum leading 2-0 and they should see out the game comfortably. ...:lol:

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

But in the Kieftenbeld thread someone stated that Birmingham couldn't make him a free agent now and us sign him -he had to be a free agent before end of transfer window. 

Very confusing. ....

You can't normally sign a free agent who wasn't a free agent when the window shut, but there must be an exception rule here. Krul had already agreed to a loan, which would obviously be ended if his contract with Newcastle is terminated because where's he on loan from?! In that case there must be a rule allowing the club who loaned him, and that club only, to sign him permanently- its not fair otherwise, not their choice Newcastle released him.

32 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I cant see the problem with this. This should see us thru until we can sign a younger replacement in Jan. It's a sensible option but could turn out to be really good. We do moan a lot on here you know. 

Your kidding aren't you? I've never picked up on any moaning.:thumbsup:

I'm happy with him coming in.  Really solid player of Premiership level, never mind ours, can imagine it'll take a couple of weeks to get up to speed fitness wise, but he's certainly an upgrade on Johnson and is used to playing in a midfield two.

Plus, he's only 30, a midfielders prime these days

3 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Very good point and one I questioned too. It's a bit like John Eustace...an understated player whose worth and value goes unnoticed until he's no longer there. I suspect privately Ledley may have looked at CP's start and smiled inwardly ...

I hope there is some sort of provision or verbal agreement that if he turns up and plays like an absolute monster we get the opportunity to offer him a deal before anyone else. I like the deal as it is relatively risk free for both parties but if he makes himself indispensable it would be really annoying to see him bugger off to a promotion rival after we took a punt on him initially. 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I hope there is some sort of provision or verbal agreement that if he turns up and plays like an absolute monster we get the opportunity to offer him a deal before anyone else. I like the deal as it is relatively risk free for both parties but if he makes himself indispensable it would be really annoying to see him bugger off to a promotion rival after we took a punt on him initially. 

We can extend the deal any time between now and January if both parties so choose.

It's only a contract extension after all, so the transfer window is completely irrelevant.

8 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

But I thought you had to be a free agent when the transfer window shut? 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Very confusing. ....

Glad it wasn't just me in my drunken mind! 

Archived