Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Dude I know some posters are annoying but you can't just make words up.

Got to keep myself amused somehow.... ;)

noun

noun: self-aggrandisement

the action or process of promoting oneself as being powerful or important.

"critics accused him of self-aggrandizement"

*Also referred to as 'Toddying'

** That one I did make up

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Isn't the need for an attacking midfield player.. We've got huddlestone, thorne and bird to play CDM. Hanson too. Anyway, let's see what he can do. 

Hansons injured, Thorne isn't fit after a long lay off, Hudds ain't a CDM and Birds a bit young and not ready.

No brainer. Excellent signing, short term deal incentivises him while gives us the flexibility we may need in January if this doesn't work out.

He needs to play to potentially get in a World Cup squad - no bigger incentive.

we were desperately short in midfield with Guy and Thorne coming back from long-term injuries and with Bradley Johnson's chronic inconsistency!! 

If it does work out, we have a quality player on our hands.

20 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hansons injured, Thorne isn't fit after a long lay off, Hudds ain't a CDM and Birds a bit young and not ready.

What is Hud if not a CDM?

Whilst I do like Ledley as a player and would have preferred him over Huddlestone in the first place it does concern me that we have signed another 30 year old for the squad. Carson - 32, Keogh - 31, Johnson - 30, Nugent - 32, Huddlestone - 30, Davies - 32, Olsson - 29, Chris Baird - 35. I get that Rowett wanted a bit of experience, but I thought he wanted speed and power as well. The average age of our first 11 against Bristol was 29.5 and let's be honest speed is the first thing to go - not surprised we are getting ripped to shreds by the younger, faster teams.

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Whilst I do like Ledley as a player and would have preferred him over Huddlestone in the first place it does concern me that we have signed another 30 year old for the squad. Carson - 32, Keogh - 31, Johnson - 30, Nugent - 32, Huddlestone - 30, Davies - 32, Olsson - 29, Chris Baird - 35. I get that Rowett wanted a bit of experience, but I thought he wanted speed and power as well. The average age of our first 11 against Bristol was 29.5 and let's be honest speed is the first thing to go - not surprised we are getting ripped to shreds by the younger, faster teams.

Ironic that.... I started a thread about average age just before the season started and got ripped to shreds for it. 

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I agree for the most part, but I don't think it's fair to include Carson. Goalkeepers typically don't find a real form until much later than outfield players. 

38 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Ah but the good thing about Ledley is that he'll still only be 30 when his contract ends! 

I just think it's a good short term solution for the situation we find ourselves in. 

We have spent 17 pages stating that we need to sign a free agent as we're short in midfield and nearly as many pages complaining about it when we do! 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

We have spent 17 pages stating that we need to sign a free agent as we're short in midfield and nearly as many pages complaining about it when we do! 

I answered this earlier but it's disappeared, and I said (something like) that the original problem still exists. The mistake can't be ignored.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Only down side is if he performs and then buggers off.

If he performs,we get value for money and if he then leaves we've lost nothing we had before he signed.Surprised your only downside doesn't include the possibility of him playing poorly,but then again only allows just one option.  

Archived