Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, hkrammm said:

Three 30 years old ex-PL layers sign on permanent terms within one single transfer window. And on big wages, too (likely to be the club's top three highest earners no matter what the exact amounts are). 

Why do you keep saying exactly the same thing again and again? Do you have any factual numbers to present regarding the wages being paid to these players. That'd be interesting whereas doggedly re-posting the same conjecture multiple times across multiple threads really isn't. 

On thread, assuming fitness levels are not a massive issue (a fairly chunky assumption IMO) then this might well be good business. It's interesting that Ledley was adamant he'd turned down numerous Championship outfits (and offers from abroad) and if this is true, I wonder what it was that ticked the boxes where we're concerned, especially given the brevity of the contract offered? Have to say that if we're getting the 2016 version of the player then this could be a shrewd signing. Frankly, I'd have preferred us to chuck the kids in but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. Either way, the risk element of what is essentially a bit of a gamble, has now been fully mitigated - if he goes well he can extend (should GR want him to), if not, he goes in January and we look elsewhere. The only possible downside for me is this may partly be a reaction to George Thorne not making the progress the club had hoped for. 

Good deal that. I tend to take players old teams fans as a bench mark and have seen loads wishing him well and saying what a good player he is so no complaints from me.

suits both parties so it's a win win situation really. I doubt he will be hiding on the pitch anytime soon

29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We've fluffed up again lads. We haven't actually signed Ledley...

We're stuck with Joe Lesley until January, let's hope he's good.

IMG_4856.PNG

Did he spell his name wrong on the contract? 

Mixed feeling about this originally but on a 3 month deal its win win imo

gives us an options in midfield, takes the pressure off having to race george back in, he gets some sharpness and fitness and who knows what happens after its all in his hands, although im sure at his age he'll be wanting and needing to win himself the biggest and longest contract available, and he aint going to get that by being average with us in the championship

what i will say, and i am slightly biased as im not a fan of BJ but his natural postion isnt as a holding mid, at norwich he was a marauding left mid, quite how i dont know as he has no pace, no trickery and cant beat a man, but that aside he was part of a promotion winning side and the stats speak for themselves.

BJ has been moved into various positions at derby to try and get the best out of him.

hes been used wide left, in a central 3 as one of the two runners, as the lone holding and obviously in a pair with hudds.

he can play that defensive holding role mostly cos of his physicality but it doesnt come naturally to him, think john eustace who played it all his career and knew it inside out and how night and day the level of consistency is between the two.

Ledley has played centrally all his career and at all levels, i think, when fit he will fit that role like a glove and we will be better for it even taking into the account of the still lack of mobility.

1 minute ago, hkrammm said:

You are right. Perhaps Davies is not one of the higher earners in the club. Out of all the clubs he chose DCFC for unmaterialistic reason. Perhaps a long-term admirer of The Derby Way? 

According to SDSR, Huddlestone's contract made him the club's highest earner.

Ledley reportedly rejected multiple offers since his contract with a PL club expired. Now suddenly he agreed to a three-month deal. I guess he joined as another admirer of The Derby Way? Even if he is, I am sure his wife would punch him in the face if he signed for peanuts. 

So the answer is you have no idea at all. Pure hearsay and conjecture without a shred of factual content to back any of it. 

Glad we cleared that up.

I find it a bit odd that we've signed someone on a permanent deal (can't be a loan deal for obvious reasons) until Jan,because I thought such contracts always ran to 30 June?(irrespective of their length in years).

28 minutes ago, 86 points said:

The only possible downside for me is this may partly be a reaction to George Thorne not making the progress the club had hoped for. 

Hopefully it's a reaction to us not getting the Keith deal over the line and nothing to do with Georgie Boy!

12 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I find it a bit odd that we've signed someone on a permanent deal (can't be a loan deal for obvious reasons) until Jan,because I thought such contracts always ran to 30 June?(irrespective of their length in years).

Looks like it may fall under Reg No 60 " Monthly/multiplicity registrations".

30 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

She used to live on the same street as me... 

Something like that yeah, I was just a kid but remember my dad always brings it up that we used to live a few doors down from her. She went to the same school as my Mrs and they have a sign celebrating she went there! Along with Jennifer Saunders... anyway Joe ledley... ?

Sadly I have zero expectations about this signing given our recent scattergun approach to transfer dealings. Am more concerned as to how we are currently in this position scratching around for out of contract players; a shot to nothing it maybe but how the hell did we contrive to get ourselves in this place in the first place. 

Isn't the need for an attacking midfield player.. We've got huddlestone, thorne and bird to play CDM. Hanson too. Anyway, let's see what he can do. 

9 minutes ago, hkrammm said:

It's called an educated guess. Or common sense. Or preponderance of probability.

By your standard no one should discuss transfer dealings, like whether the club sold Will Hughes too cheaply (you are not one of those who clutch at straws and said it's only 5m because Watford wrote off loans, are you?). No one knows what's the exact amount so it's all pure "hearsay and conjecture". 

No one other than the club and the players in question know the terms. It's like no one other than Trump and Kremlin know if there's collusion. Can any third party (like a judge) make judgment using common sense? 

Do what you like pal - if you'd read my original response you'd have grasped it was the repetitiveness that was dragging. Repeating the same thing over and over ad nauseum doesn't make it fact, common sense nor remotely more probable, it's just tedious, self-aggrandisement to be frank. 

Archived