Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RamFan13

Joe Ledley

Latest Updates

JOE LEDLEY is at the centre of a three-way Midlands battle to keep the Welsh international in the UK.

West Brom, Aston Villa and Derby County are all keen to land the 30-year-old midfielder who is a free agent after letting his Crystal Palace contract run down this summer.

Fellow Welshman Tony Pulis, still frustrated at losing skipper Darren Fletcher to Stoke, sees Ledley as the kind of seasoned pro who could step seamlessly into his midfield.

However Derby boss Gary Rowett would love to strengthen his promotion-seeking Rams with a proven Premier League performer.

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is also keeping one eye on Ledley’s situation if Stoke continue to play hardball over Glenn Whelan.

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3845709/west-brom-aston-villa-derby-joe-ledley-crystal-palace/amp/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Rather him than Glen Whelan... rather Will Hughes than any of them.

Oh yeah, Hughes is much better than both of them in the CDM role... :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RamsPolls said:

Oh yeah, Hughes is much better than both of them in the CDM role... :ermm:

If you're playing 4231 which most seem to think we are for whatever reason, then having a deep lying playmaker like Hughes is fantastic - and addition to that, he actually racks up more tackles than our other midfielders.

But cheers for the condescension.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Srg said:

If you're playing 4231 which most seem to think we are for whatever reason, then having a deep lying playmaker like Hughes is fantastic - and addition to that, he actually racks up more tackles than our other midfielders.

But cheers for the condescension.

I was only messing bro :D But I get your point. But if Thorne was to get injured again we still wouldn't have an out and out CDM player to cover him. Hughes would be good in my opinion Thorne has better passing abilities than Hughes, also Thorne can control a game, Hughes was failing to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest DEL   
Guest DEL
33 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

JOE LEDLEY is at the centre of a three-way Midlands battle to keep the Welsh international in the UK.

West Brom, Aston Villa and Derby County are all keen to land the 30-year-old midfielder who is a free agent after letting his Crystal Palace contract run down this summer.

Fellow Welshman Tony Pulis, still frustrated at losing skipper Darren Fletcher to Stoke, sees Ledley as the kind of seasoned pro who could step seamlessly into his midfield.

However Derby boss Gary Rowett would love to strengthen his promotion-seeking Rams with a proven Premier League performer.

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is also keeping one eye on Ledley’s situation if Stoke continue to play hardball over Glenn Whelan.

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3845709/west-brom-aston-villa-derby-joe-ledley-crystal-palace/amp/

 

 

I can't see him joining us and Villa so it'll be WBA then. Good player though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest DEL   
Guest DEL
19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Top signing if we could get him. If West Brom really are in for him, they'll get him.

Think WBA will get him any day over us imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think WBA will get him any day over us imo.

Definitely, any hungry player would prefer to play in the Premier League, and if they are in for him, and he chose Derby it would be purely based on money. Do we need more mercenaries? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We use Cookies - by using this site or closing this message you’re agreeing to our Cookies policy Privacy Policy