Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

Tell you what...if anybody says Hughes is better than Eranio,Kinkladze and Asanovic...then they need to go watch some footage of them players who all played football at international  level and in top flight leagues. Wake me up when you find footage of Will Hughes's top flight footage. He cant even get on Watford's bench. But some of us knew that would be the case anyway.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Tell you what...if anybody says Hughes is better than Eranio,Kinkladze and Asanovic...then they need to go watch some footage of them players who all played football at international  level and in top flight leagues. Wake me up when you find footage of Will Hughes's top flight footage. He cant even get on Watford's bench. But some of us knew that would be the case anyway.

Brilliant couldn't agree more !

4 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Stefano Eriano.....

would probably still get in our side now, top draw that lad. 

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

Hughes never contributed as much as Idiakez or Commons in a Derby shirt. Probably didn't exceed the achievements of the likes of Teale, Green and even Pearson in a Derby shirt. 

I guess Idiakez and Hughes bot contributed the same, they both got us to a play off final.....as for the rest....none of them would be in the top 100 Derby players I have seen, probably not the top 200....and Hughes would be in the top 10, probably in the top 1

4 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Well, I guess it is all a matter of opinion, I thought Eranio was just OK, I thought Hughes was outstanding....by the way how many international games did Eranio play when he signed for us?? The same as William.....

As @rynny states when Kinkladze got the POTS it was a total joke, he could not have been more inconsistent.....and I liked Asa, a lot but just not as good as William.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Hughes would be in the top 10, probably in the top 1

based on what? Goals? Assists? Man of match performances? Trophies? Leadership? Chances created? What exactly did he ever do in a Derby shirt? a couple of glimpses of quality is all.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

based on what? Goals? Assists? Man of match performances? Trophies? Leadership? Chances created? What exactly did he ever do in a Derby shirt? a couple of glimpses of quality is all.

and Idaeakez, commons, teale, green.....???

Anyone who thinks that any of them are even in the top 200 Derby players they have ever seen is crazy

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Anyone who thinks that any of them are even in the top 200 Derby players they have ever seen is crazy

Idiakez ran games on occasions in a Derby shirt, and Kris Commons arguably kept our heads above water at times under Clough. He was the only Rams player opposition fans worried about, at the time.

I'm not saying either are better/worse than Hughes, but to suggest that he is the best player to ever wear a Derby shirt is a bit mad.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I never said any was in any top anything, please re-read my comment before pulling it apart duck. I clearly said they achieved more, or contributed more, to Derby, in a Derby shirt, on the pitch, than Hughes did. They all influenced more games (results). Hughes always looked better, but never really showed his potential 

As much as I liked Hughes and wish he'd have achieved his potential, and with us, comparisons with eranio are far fetched and a question of context. Eranio was in the twilight of his career but a former Italian international when Italian football was arguably at its strongest. He oozed class in a team that went toe to toe week in week out with the best in the country, achieving very respectable mid table finishes. Hughes was the pinnacle of our talent in the second tier as we played attractive football but couldn't get to where we wanted. Underwhelming cup performances against the big boys in this period eluded to not being as good as we thought we were. Eranio performed consistently at the top level for many years. Will may yet but currently can't get a kick.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Well, I guess it is all a matter of opinion, I thought Eranio was just OK, I thought Hughes was outstanding....by the way how many international games did Eranio play when he signed for us?? The same as William.....

As @rynny states when Kinkladze got the POTS it was a total joke, he could not have been more inconsistent.....and I liked Asa, a lot but just not as good as William.

Sorry mate. You are miles off. Will Hughes is not fit to lace their boots up. In fact...hes not fit to lace his own boots up at the minute as he cant even make the bench at Watford. 

13 hours ago, Moist One said:

I'm interested in how you define 'talent'. With Hughes, a lot of it remained unfulfilled in a Derby shirt. Was he as talented as players like Ravanelli? Maybe Ravanelli was "past it" when he was at Derby, but if you're being consistent, Hughes hasn't "reached it" yet. So I disagree Hughes is high on any list, other than a list of "promising".

Happy for you to disagree. To answer your question as it would be rude not to: if a player doesn't lose the ball stupidly too often, if he has a much better than average vision of what is happening around him, if he can play a pass accurately consistently into the path of a player and can win a tackle cleanly then he is a rarity with talent. If he had one failing as nearly all players do, it was that he didn't choose to shoot often enough. 

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Are you avin a larf???????

Archived