Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

This is a terrific story (and explains the Celtic shirts)...

http://www.eltnews.com/columns/patontheback/2013/06/reamonn_gormley_thai_tims.html

Celtic top of the league and their fans always get behind them, always creating new songs and enjoying themselves.

Yep get behind your beloved Derby County Football Club and enjoy your wonderful football club.

Up The Rams.

15 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

This is a terrific story (and explains the Celtic shirts)...

http://www.eltnews.com/columns/patontheback/2013/06/reamonn_gormley_thai_tims.html

I remember seeing it years ago but didn’t know the story behind it, then he ends up at Derby. Couldn’t find the video at first but had to post it when I finally did.

He's done well; there's no doubting that.

If he signs, great. But we certainly shouldn't break the bank.  I think Huddlestone and Johnson backed up by Thorne and Guy would do me. I'd rather blood some youth then pay mega bucks for him

5 minutes ago, feisty said:

If he signs, great. But we certainly shouldn't break the bank.  I think Huddlestone and Johnson backed up by Thorne and Guy would do me. I'd rather blood some youth then pay mega bucks for him

The balance of the team is much better with Ledley.. we need him or someone similar. Of course Thorne should be playing more but hes a different player to Ledley.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Slightly concerned with Coleman going to Sunderland that he will try and screw us on this. That would be pretty annoying, especially given how much of a state they are in comparison to us.

Not got the money to afford his wages, have they?

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Slightly concerned with Coleman going to Sunderland that he will try and screw us on this. That would be pretty annoying, especially given how much of a state they are in comparison to us.

You could see him being top of Colemans January shopping list, and may come down to several factors, length of deal, any Premiership interest etc.

But does he really want to drop into League 1 with Sunderland?

On 11/17/2017 at 20:18, feisty said:

Nope

Johnson is just about the most frustrating player in our squad at the moment - 1 game in 5 he's unplayable and just marauds around midfield scaring the hell out of the opposition and bagging goals for fun - The other 4 he might as well not be on the pitch other than giving the ball back to the opposition

Ledley has added reliability - It's not glamorous but he's doing all the hard midfield graft - Marking the key threats out of the game, tidying up, being a nuisance, positioning himself so that they can't just run through at our defence - He's not quite the tough-tackler Eustace was but he does the same job in a different way

Half the time I can barely remember Ledley being on the pitch for the individual moments - But our shape, our defence and Huddlestone all look better when he's there - Which shows what a valuable role he's doing in there 

11 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Nope

Johnson is just about the most frustrating player in our squad at the moment - 1 game in 5 he's unplayable and just marauds around midfield scaring the hell out of the opposition and bagging goals for fun - The other 4 he might as well not be on the pitch other than giving the ball back to the opposition

Ledley has added reliability - It's not glamorous but he's doing all the hard midfield graft - Marking the key threats out of the game, tidying up, being a nuisance, positioning himself so that they can't just run through at our defence - He's not quite the tough-tackler Eustace was but he does the same job in a different way

Half the time I can barely remember Ledley being on the pitch for the individual moments - But our shape, our defence and Huddlestone all look better when he's there - Which shows what a valuable role he's doing in there 

I agree Ledley more effective than Johnson.  I guess I was just thinking we need to trim the squad somehow and promote youth. And so not overpaying should be the aim

Maybe you're right on this one

On 9/24/2017 at 01:00, Warren Hobhead said:

Right. So you believe him. 

We weren't ever in for him. He did not want to lose Butters or Bryson. They asked to leave. So he scrambled trying to get Davis. He failed so asked for Keith. Failed again. 

And so he's looked at the scrap heap and grabbed Ledley. 

That's my view. 

I interviewed Bryson just prior to his wedding in June. He told me he wanted to stay at Derby "for the rest of my career". I saw him outside Pride Park 45 minutes prior to ko v Red Dogs. He told me he didn't want to leave and "wants to come back". He confirmed though that he can't come back in January {one presumes for contract reasons}. Just sayin'. 

Archived