Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I'd have Bryson and Butterfield over Ledley, all day, every day and twice on Sunday. Opinions game.

The 'old' Bryson, yes, though of course Ledley is more of a physical presence than a box-to-box motor-man.

Lots of love for Craig - but he just wasn't cutting it any more. 

Butterfield just proved ponderous, frustrating, disappointing. Looked promising when signed, sank without trace when sleeves needed rolling up. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy the notion that a player needs a preseason before he can play football.

Like all gyms are closed outside of preseason and all football's deflate.

If he has kept himself in shape and hasn't forgotten how to kick a football we should be ok.

Let's face It, a fire hydrant would have been more effective in midfield last Saturday so an unfit Ledley wouldn't make much difference.

13 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

such a pussy. What he did the whole month? rest? modern day footballers...

Well the season had ended and he was waiting for the European Championships to start.

27 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I genuinely cannot get my head around this.

Scientists should be studying the guy!

Russell had 6 weeks out after a fracture in his first season.

9 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

The beard has healing properties

I have what I believe is a quality beard. Not comparable to Ledley but spanks Johnny and Buckos best in to a corner. I bowled 14 overs last week, after no cricket since I can remember. 

The beard has NO healing powers. I've been walking like I've filled my pants all week. 

Believe me.  I know what it's like like to fill my pants

13 hours ago, rynny said:

Took him 1 month to return from a broken leg last year, would say fitness will not be much of an issue.

A break or a fracture @rynny? If it's the former that's absolutely nuts. Did a hamstring playing rugby and wasn't right for 6 weeks after! Was also out twice with broken wrists for 4 and 5 weeks respectively.

Are players allowed to use HGH as apparently that can speed up healing by a factor of 6 but I'd assume it's on the banned list? 

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

A break or a fracture @rynny? If it's the former that's absolutely nuts. Did a hamstring playing rugby and wasn't right for 6 weeks after! Was also out twice with broken wrists for 4 and 5 weeks respectively.

Are players allowed to use HGH as apparently that can speed up healing by a factor of 6 but I'd assume it's on the banned list? 

What’s HGH.? Some kind of hormone treatment?

35 minutes ago, 86 points said:

From this 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12018/10293833/wales-midfielder-joe-ledley-close-to-making-remarkable-recovery-from-broken-leg

He was initially thought to have sustained an Achilles problem in the challenge with Stoke's Charlie Adam at Selhurst Park, but scan results revealed he had broken his leg.

Edit: BBC has this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36481022 

Wales defender Ben Davies admits he is surprised Joe Ledley has recovered from a fractured leg in time for Saturday's Euro 2016 opener against Slovakia.

On 21/09/2017 at 20:56, Mistaram said:

Nice to know your knowledge of football is superior to Sir Alex who played Cleverly 55 times But then again if you think Bryson and Butters are better than Ledley probably tells all we need to know but as they say its all about opinions 

I need to be Sir Alex now to form an opinion on a player? Right. 

But yes, I preferred the idea of Bryson and Butters in our squad than Ledley. Two is better than one. Both great players who were written off very quickly. 

I hope everything works out, I'm of the clapping happily fraternity. But the last few months have been a massive mess and my common sense sometimes weighs in. 

If we wanted Ledley we'd have signed him ages ago. Been free all summer. He's here now purely because GR gambled on black on deadline day and it landed on red. Don't try and curry it any other way. 

Cardiff chose Bryson over Ledley. What's that say? 

Archived