Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bcnram said:

In terms of talent, to say he wouldn't make the top fifty is laughable. In fact I think I will have a good laugh at your comment right now!! :D:D:D.

I'm interested in how you define 'talent'. With Hughes, a lot of it remained unfulfilled in a Derby shirt. Was he as talented as players like Ravanelli? Maybe Ravanelli was "past it" when he was at Derby, but if you're being consistent, Hughes hasn't "reached it" yet. So I disagree Hughes is high on any list, other than a list of "promising".

9 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not sure he's the best I've seen in a Rams shirt but 100% agree better than Huddlestone.

Time will tell. At best you're comparing what, a 23 year old with potential who was never overly consistent, to a teenage Huddlestone (before he became a premiership player and full international) who will get to add a few years to legacy in his later years.

All that is certain is that we didn't/won't have either in their prime, and neither wete at the club (so far) in any real glory days. The list either are likely to make are the best academy players we've produced.

Somewhere there's an alternate reality where we kept Huddlestone, who wasn't sold and has been a key component of our midfield since he broke through playing in a midfield alongside Hendrick, Hughes and Barnes.

2 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Hughes best player some have ever seen at Derby??? Better than Huddlestone??? Some have not watched much football at Derby and Huddlestone's career is proven at top flight level. Hughes hasn't even played 1 game at top flight level.

Ryan Shotton played 50 games in the top flight and also played in the Europa cup....so that obviously makes him better than Keogh then because he never has............?

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ryan Shotton played 50 games in the top flight and also played in the Europa cup....so that obviously makes him better than Keogh then because he never has............?

Richard Keogh has played in the final stages of a major international championship, which makes him better than Colin Todd........?

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He would have walked in ahead of Disco Darryl Powell, Lee Carsley, Craig Burley etc.

I'd agree with you as a creative footballer, but those players occupied a different role in the team. I think Hughes is more of an Eranio/Asanovic/Kinkladze type player and, for me he doesn't get in ahead of them. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Hughes and hope he does well but until he proves himself consistently at the top level it's hard to argue he should displace players that have done that.

43 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The comparison was between Huddlestone and Hughes. Didn't Ryan Shotton come through the ranks at Stoke? So therefore you're comparison is flawed because Shotton has never been bought by a Prem Club. Huddlestone and Hughes have both been bought by Prem clubs. Now Huddlestone has very good pedigree at Prem Level. Hughes has not even laced boots up yet. I don't think he will ever get close to what Huddz has achieved at top flight level. It would not surprise me if Hughes is loaned out in January back to the Championship.

2 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

Who cares about Joe?

He isn't coming anyway.

:ph34r:

True but then I'm a simple soul and if the thread heading is Joe Ledley I naively think that the thread should be about him and not pages on Hughes and Huddlestone.  Silly me.     :(

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

True but then I'm a simple soul and if the thread heading is Joe Ledley I naively think that the thread should be about him and not pages on Hughes and Huddlestone.  Silly me.     :(

You must have been here long enough to know that thread titles are not like Ronseal...

1 hour ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I'd agree with you as a creative footballer, but those players occupied a different role in the team. I think Hughes is more of an Eranio/Asanovic/Kinkladze type player and, for me he doesn't get in ahead of them. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Hughes and hope he does well but until he proves himself consistently at the top level it's hard to argue he should displace players that have done that.

I would have played Hughes infront of any of those three.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I always thought Eranio was just ok, nothing special at all.....Kinkladze was massively inconsistent and Asa only played when he wanted to and only for a season.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but I always thought Eranio was just ok, nothing special at all.....Kinkladze was massively inconsistent and Asa only played when he wanted to and only for a season.

That's one of the funniest posts I have read for a very long time! ?????

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Not sure on Eranio thought he was very good in his first 2 seasons, agreed on Kinkladze, the year he won POTS was a complete joke, he didn't even start half the games that season, and had 6 good games. Bit harsh on Asanovic, but can see where you are coming from.

Archived