Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The longer it goes on the less likely it is we get him I reckon. Maybe I am just being overly pessimistic. 

It's only a bidding war at the moment. Joe and his agent are just trying to get the best deal for him, as it's possibly his last lucrative contract he'll get in his career because of his age. He'll sign it as I don't doubt at all Mel wants Derby to go up and won't be financially tight in this case.

15 hours ago, Topram said:

Been linked with villa and Sunderland today, need to give him the deal he wants, been crucial to us

how many midfield players do villa need?

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

how many midfield players do villa need?

All of them. All of the midfield players.

Lansbury can't get much of a look in.

On 11/21/2017 at 12:17, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Actually Ledley staying until the end of the season, leading us to promotion only to find that his name is really Juan Ledley and is an illegal immigrant from Peru resulting us missing out on promotion...is something more likely to happen to us.

Good point...has anybody actually checked his passport?...and I did smell garlic on his breath the other day. :mellow:

It wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement to only give him a deal until january.

clearly we thought we were going to be getting keith.

but there is room for both in our depleted squad.

All 8 games he's played we've been undefeated with Ledley in our team, 5 wins, 3 draws.  He misses 1 game and we lose.

Doubt it is just coincidence, he seems to be like glue that holds us together, before he signed we were like jelly if a team got at us, now even playing dodgy football we seem so much more resilient,

You have to wonder whether in many ways our season might hinge on whether we can persuade him to sign or not. Have to say that the Coleman/Sunderland move seems the more likely notwithstanding our respective league positions. If Sunderland win a few more games before Xmas then I can’t see us getting him- the loyalty and faith aspect with regard to Coleman will be too strong for him. Unless we blow them out of the water contract- wise......

Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, caymanram said:

You have to wonder whether in many ways our season might hinge on whether we can persuade him to sign or not. Have to say that the Coleman/Sunderland move seems the more likely notwithstanding our respective league positions. If Sunderland win a few more games before Xmas then I can’t see us getting him- the loyalty and faith aspect with regard to Coleman will be too strong for him. Unless we blow them out of the water contract- wise......

Fingers crossed.

Why would he go to Sunderland? i assume his family live in the South as we at Crystal Palace and the only thing he will win at Sunderland is relegation

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A bout of insomnia has given me the chance to read all the know-all  tactical genius comments made on this thread before he’d even kicked a ball for us. 

I hope some people have learned a thing or two from this. 

Hear hear 

On 11/25/2017 at 16:03, Rample said:

All 8 games he's played we've been undefeated with Ledley in our team, 5 wins, 3 draws.  He misses 1 game and we lose.

Doubt it is just coincidence, he seems to be like glue that holds us together, before he signed we were like jelly if a team got at us, now even playing dodgy football we seem so much more resilient,

He is basically our Eustace...remember how we fell apart without him?

The one player we have never truly replaced!

I'd be happy with both him and Keith.

On 10 November 2017 at 17:38, blackNwhites said:

We'll improve the chance of him signing for us if he knows we appreciate him - best way to do that is to give him a song - this one - with "Joe Ledley is a Derby Ram" instead of "A Celtic Tiger." C'mon - let's give it a go!!

I think a lot of it will depend where we are in the table over the next few weeks, if we are within touching distance of the top 2 then why would he want to leave, like has been mentioned if someone comes in with a 3.5 year contract then that may turn his head as his last big contract. I think he is key to us and is worth a decent contract, his style of play isn't one that should rapidly decline over the next couple of years. Having said that, Thorne is looking fitter and fitter each week so maybe he is seem as the longer term solution.

Archived