Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Horrible feeling we’ll go on another run, get all excited, Coleman comes in for him in January, he signs for Sunderland, it derails our season 

would be 100% something that would happen to us :lol:

And the doom and gloom amongst Rams fans continues, lets have some positivity , we are in pole position to sign Joe , we are 8th in the table with a game in hand , we are proving hard to beat , 5 unbeaten away from home , players and manager working hard together to keep it all ticking over , come on Rams fans it could be a lot worse

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

And the doom and gloom amongst Rams fans continues, lets have some positivity , we are in pole position to sign Joe , we are 8th in the table with a game in hand , we are proving hard to beat , 5 unbeaten away from home , players and manager working hard together to keep it all ticking over , come on Rams fans it could be a lot worse

Beware the doom mongers - they are coming to get you!!!

From the DET

"Of course, his representatives will want to test the market and see what else is out there after a good spell for Joe but I hope he will choose us. I’m confident we will get something sorted," Rowett said.

A week or two ago both parties wanted it done, now they are testing the market (as is their prerogative). There is a nagging voice in my head telling me he will go elsewhere and I am also reading that Bristol City are after Kieftenbeld as well, so it's unlikely we will be able to go back to that deal at the same price as before.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

From the DET

"Of course, his representatives will want to test the market and see what else is out there after a good spell for Joe but I hope he will choose us. I’m confident we will get something sorted," Rowett said.

A week or two ago both parties wanted it done, now they are testing the market (as is their prerogative). There is a nagging voice in my head telling me he will go elsewhere and I am also reading that Bristol City are after Kieftenbeld as well, so it's unlikely we will be able to go back to that deal at the same price as before.

Kleftenbeld is out of contract in the summer so why would his price go up?

Why are people on about Sunderland? Even if he had the choice - and I haven't seen anything linking him there - does he:

a) stay somewhere he is settled, playing every game, valued, loved by the fans and with a shout of the play offs

b) go somewhere new, the place in chaos, half empty stadium, and League 1 beckoning

No choice there. 

More realistic is that Villa will offload a few and snap him up, and we'll end up with Lansbury.

In all, I'd be surprised if he didn't sign for us.

14 hours ago, Derbados said:

Horrible feeling we’ll go on another run, get all excited, Coleman comes in for him in January, he signs for Sunderland, it derails our season 

would be 100% something that would happen to us :lol:

Actually Ledley staying until the end of the season, leading us to promotion only to find that his name is really Juan Ledley and is an illegal immigrant from Peru resulting us missing out on promotion...is something more likely to happen to us.

16 hours ago, philmycock said:

I don’t recall Ledley doing anything in a Rams shirt, apart from a goal at brentford, I can’t remember a pass, a tackle, a block, nothing, but by heck I want this guy to sign for us on a longer term and I can’t put my finger on why, he just kinda makes us tick

Matt Oakley always gave me that impression. Although he never did anything spectacular, boy did we miss him when he didn't play

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Crazy to think we sold Howard, Oakley and David Jones for peanuts and replaced with the likes of Savage. 

36 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Crazy to think we sold Hughes and Ince and didn't replace them at all.

I would say that Lawrence is a direct replacement for Ince (not going to get into a discussion about quality), and you could say that Huddlestone is a replacement for Hughes (again no discussion about quality or age) although not the same type of player.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I would say that Lawrence is a direct replacement for Ince (not going to get into a discussion about quality), and you could say that Huddlestone is a replacement for Hughes (again no discussion about quality or age) although not the same type of player.

My whole point is in brackets :lol:

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

We basically sold a 17 reg Audi A6 for a grand and replaced it with a 1985 Lada with 3 previous owners, log book, 3 months tax and in mint condition.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We basically sold a 17 reg Audi A6 for a grand and replaced it with a 1985 Lada with 3 previous owners, log book, 3 months tax and in mint condition.

Yes and one has played 310 Premier League and the other has played one 

Archived