Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

No chance of him coming to us...

“There's been Championship and Premier League clubs in touch, a lot of interest but I want to have a good summer with the family and go from there.

“I've been in the Premier League for three and a half years, but it doesn't bother me if I stay there because a new challenge would be good

“Nothing's been sorted, I'm going to have a great summer with my children and see the options out there and take it from there.”

Really?

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Agreed, DEL. Suspect he might be Darren Fletcher's replacement.

And more money than he'll get at DCFC. You're right could be Fletcher replacement.

• 2 months later...

"Derby are looking at the free-agent market and Joe Ledley is one of the names on their radar, I understand. Gary Rowett has said he will use the Barnsley cup tie to take a look at how George Thorne and young Max Bird shape up although it is very early for both for different reasons."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-live-web-chat-456872

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Derby are looking at the free-agent market and Joe Ledley is one of the names on their radar, I understand. Gary Rowett has said he will use the Barnsley cup tie to take a look at how George Thorne and young Max Bird shape up although it is very early for both for different reasons."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-live-web-chat-456872

They've been looking on here again haven't they??

I'll start off by saying that I think Johnson is very reliable. I'd expect him, barring injury, to be able to play every league game between now and January. He looks back to being as fit as he was when he arrived from Norwich, in fact I think he's played every minute of the league season so far?

So the role of his cover should hopefully be limited. Basically covering him in cup games and if he gets suspended.

I'd rather chuck youth players into the mix than bring in another player on big wages. Particularly when you consider that Hanson's played a fair few Championship games now, Guy had glowing reviews out on loan and Bird is one of most promising U23's. I think Hanson's up to the job and there's a chance one of Guy/Bird could surprise us.

Could have sworn we've been all talk about finding the right deals and developing players from our category 1 youth academy? Surely bringing in Joe Ledley when he holds all the high ground during contract negotiations is a s**** idea?

Ledley doesn't only represent what we don't want as far as big contracts go but he's another slow DM. We need someone with energy who can compliment Huddlestone/Thorne and make up for their lack of mobility.

I trust Rowett to make the right decisiom but I think Ledley represents a departure from what the Kieftenbeld signing was all about.

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Surely bringing in Joe Ledley when he holds all the high ground during contract negotiations is a s**** idea?

He isn't earning anything at the moment so whatever we offer will be more than what he is currently getting. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'll start off by saying that I think Johnson is very reliable. I'd expect him, barring injury, to be able to play every league game between now and January. He looks back to being as fit as he was when he arrived from Norwich, in fact I think he's played every minute of the league season so far?

So the role of his cover should hopefully be limited. Basically covering him in cup games and if he gets suspended.

I'd rather chuck youth players into the mix than bring in another player on big wages. Particularly when you consider that Hanson's played a fair few Championship games now, Guy had glowing reviews out on loan and Bird is one of most promising U23's. I think Hanson's up to the job and there's a chance one of Guy/Bird could surprise us.

Could have sworn we've been all talk about finding the right deals and developing players from our category 1 youth academy? Surely bringing in Joe Ledley when he holds all the high ground during contract negotiations is a s**** idea?

Ledley doesn't only represent what we don't want as far as big contracts go but he's another slow DM. We need someone with energy who can compliment Huddlestone/Thorne and make up for their lack of mobility.

I trust Rowett to make the right decisiom but I think Ledley represents a departure from what the Kieftenbeld signing was all about.

I'm not sure we need to sign someone to compliment our players as we can tell them they're damned good midfield players! .However,I do agree with your sentiment regarding making signings that complement the strengths of our players.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Agreed

If Thorne can make it though 60 mins today then he's ready to sit on the bench for me - And then come in if needed for suspensions or injury to either Huddlestone or Johnson

Guy is supposedly going to feature in the squad tomorrow so won't be too far off fitness and whilst Hanson is expected to be out for 5 weeks I'd be inclined to think we have enough CMs to last us til January

Unless of course we get ripped to pieces - Then we may need to think about it

9 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Just offer him a contract till end of the season on a pay as you play contract with a view of a long term contract 

If he has turned down other offers from champ clubs then he ain't going to take that kind of offer. I imagine he would probably be insulted by such an offer to be brutally honest.

6 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Just offer him a contract till end of the season on a pay as you play contract with a view of a long term contract 

As nice as that would be, it's probably the equivalent as signing Messi for £15m and 20k a week. 

If Ledley signs, which I think is only a slight possibility at this stage, he will probably be one of, if not THE highest earner at the club. 

I don't think we will sign him on anything less than 40/50k a week. Hence why he's not already been snapped up already and rejected a number of offers. 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Ledley signs, which I think is only a slight possibility at this stage, he will probably be one of, if not THE highest earner at the club. 

I don't think we will sign him on anything less than 40/50k a week.

He's not that good.

Archived