Joe Ledley - Signed

RamFan13

JOE LEDLEY is at the centre of a three-way Midlands battle to keep the Welsh international in the UK.

West Brom, Aston Villa and Derby County are all keen to land the 30-year-old midfielder who is a free agent after letting his Crystal Palace contract run down this summer.

Fellow Welshman Tony Pulis, still frustrated at losing skipper Darren Fletcher to Stoke, sees Ledley as the kind of seasoned pro who could step seamlessly into his midfield.

However Derby boss Gary Rowett would love to strengthen his promotion-seeking Rams with a proven Premier League performer.

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is also keeping one eye on Ledley’s situation if Stoke continue to play hardball over Glenn Whelan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3845709/west-brom-aston-villa-derby-joe-ledley-crystal-palace/amp/

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamsPolls said:

Oh yeah, Hughes is much better than both of them in the CDM role... :ermm:

If you're playing 4231 which most seem to think we are for whatever reason, then having a deep lying playmaker like Hughes is fantastic - and addition to that, he actually racks up more tackles than our other midfielders.

But cheers for the condescension.

Just now, Srg said:

If you're playing 4231 which most seem to think we are for whatever reason, then having a deep lying playmaker like Hughes is fantastic - and addition to that, he actually racks up more tackles than our other midfielders.

But cheers for the condescension.

I was only messing bro :D But I get your point. But if Thorne was to get injured again we still wouldn't have an out and out CDM player to cover him. Hughes would be good in my opinion Thorne has better passing abilities than Hughes, also Thorne can control a game, Hughes was failing to do so.

33 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

JOE LEDLEY is at the centre of a three-way Midlands battle to keep the Welsh international in the UK.

West Brom, Aston Villa and Derby County are all keen to land the 30-year-old midfielder who is a free agent after letting his Crystal Palace contract run down this summer.

Fellow Welshman Tony Pulis, still frustrated at losing skipper Darren Fletcher to Stoke, sees Ledley as the kind of seasoned pro who could step seamlessly into his midfield.

However Derby boss Gary Rowett would love to strengthen his promotion-seeking Rams with a proven Premier League performer.

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is also keeping one eye on Ledley’s situation if Stoke continue to play hardball over Glenn Whelan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3845709/west-brom-aston-villa-derby-joe-ledley-crystal-palace/amp/

I can't see him joining us and Villa so it'll be WBA then. Good player though. 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Top signing if we could get him. If West Brom really are in for him, they'll get him.

Think WBA will get him any day over us imo.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think WBA will get him any day over us imo.

Definitely, any hungry player would prefer to play in the Premier League, and if they are in for him, and he chose Derby it would be purely based on money. Do we need more mercenaries? 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Definitely, any hungry player would prefer to play in the Premier League, and if they are in for him, and he chose Derby it would be purely based on money. Do we need more mercenaries? 

What's one more!

Ledley

No chance of him coming to us. These are his recent comments

There has seen interest from clubs in the Premier League and the Championship – though it's understood his boyhood Bluebirds are not one of them – but he said: “There's interest. There's been clubs from all over the world in touch with my agent. 

“And I'd be prepared to go abroad, I think it would appeal to me – especially having played international football because I love playing on that stage and I think it suits the way I play.

“There's been Championship and Premier League clubs in touch, a lot of interest but I want to have a good summer with the family and go from there.

“I've been in the Premier League for three and a half years, but it doesn't bother me if I stay there because a new challenge would be good

“Nothing's been sorted, I'm going to have a great summer with my children and see the options out there and take it from there.”

1 hour ago, CumbrianRam said:

Should be forced to shave that ridiculous beard before he is allowed to sign.

Rather have a player with a beard like that rather than the ridiculous hairband worn by Boyd - what does he think he looks like?

Archived