Coneheadjohn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

Woger the Wam is a derby fan 

If someone abuses a person for their ethnicity ... it's racism

If someone abuses a person for their sexual orientation .... homophobia

If you abuse someone for being privately educated and well-to-do with a speech impediment .... isn't that elitism?

Just a thought. Should get the mods a-googling.

Anyway, weally only a ghastly oik would pull such beastly pleb stunt.

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Woger the Wam is a derby fan 

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If you abuse someone for being privately educated and well-to-do with a speech impediment .... isn't that elitism?

Isramaphobia?

16 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Isramaphobia?

Apparently if you have it as a genuine problem its called rhotacism. So my bad for taking the ****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhotacism_(speech_impediment)

I remember reading somewhere that during the mid-nineteenth century army officers affected it. Maybe @jono can tell us, I heard he was on a NAAFI van at the Battle of Balaclava.

25 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Quite right WH 

I spent a lot of time in my youth almost apologising / hiding the fact that I had more or less "Received Pronunciation"

being perceived as posh isn't healthy these days, regardless of any actual,views you might hold 

2 hours ago, jono said:

Quite right WH 

I spent a lot of time in my youth almost apologising / hiding the fact that I had more or less "Received Pronunciation"

being perceived as posh isn't healthy these days, regardless of any actual,views you might hold 

De rigeur in City of London bars. Go in about 6pm any evening and tall well-groomed types will be braying like twaats in rounded, well enunciated tones.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

De rigeur in City of London bars. Go in about 6pm any evening and tall well-groomed types will be braying like twaats in rounded, well enunciated tones.

Funny isn't it ... Yet if you said somewhere with people of colour or gay or lesbian or poor,  doing something in that derogatory tone it would be terrible 

you make my point precisely 

45 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Fair do's.  You've outed me.

I'm an etonist. ........:lol:

Yeah yeah ok lol, but being semi serious ..... So basically you don't know the people, but you don't like their voices, or their suits, you don't actually know their individual views, you make assumptions about their backgrounds, the school they went to ? you cast them as all the same and all worthy of your scorn ? Just because they sound the same and drink together ? 

it's totally OK to laugh, sneer  and make general casual insults and assumptions ? 

Yet if someone else started talking about benefits scroungers or gays or Muslims in the same broad brush way ? What is your reaction ? 

Is that fair, reasonable or acceptable ? 

It isn't and in a nutshell it sums up what most of the hard left think.( The same applies on the hard right but with a different set of victims )  

All the other undeniable social injustices we have are then used as a mask by these people so that their ugly, judgmental attitude is made to seem ok "because we are the fair ones"  and we know who's fault it is ... "Come on mob .. Let's have a go at them" 

Debate and argue different solutions to life's problems for sure but the minute you start deciding on a hate group and generalise by making someone to blame for just having a different voice and background,  then for me at least, you fundamentally lose the argument. It is a tactic used by the worst of people and so well illustrated by history. 

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Yeah yeah ok lol, but being semi serious ..... So basically you don't know the people, but you don't like their voices, or their suits, you don't actually know their individual views, you make assumptions about their backgrounds, the school they went to ? you cast them as all the same and all worthy of your scorn ? Just because they sound the same and drink together ? 

it's totally OK to laugh, sneer  and make general casual insults and assumptions ? 

Yet if someone else started talking about benefits scroungers or gays or Muslims in the same broad brush way ? What is your reaction ? 

It isn't and in a nutshell it sums up what most of the hard left think.( The same applies on the hard right but with a different set of victims )  

All the other undeniable social injustices we have are then used as a mask by these people so that their ugly, judgmental attitude is made to seem ok "because we are the fair ones"  and we know who's fault it is ... "Come on mob .. Let's have a go at them" 

Debate and argue different solutions to life's problems for sure but the minute you start deciding on a hate group and generalise by making someone to blame for just having a different voice and background,  then for me at least, you fundamentally lose the argument. It is a tactic used by the worst of people and so well illustrated by history. 

Will someone please think of the rich, posh people!

4 hours ago, jono said:

wind your neck in.

You're getting your set theory the wrong way round. Most city "deal makers" that I have had personal experience of look and sound similar. But not all people who look/sound like that are city deal makers.

All penguins are birds, all penguins live at the south Pole but it doesn't therefore follow that all birds live at the south pole right?

However,  when you do come across such a group that exhibit boorish traits such as shouting their latest successes,  demanding champagne loudly over the heads of people waiting in line, spraying drink around then regardless of others similar behaviour patterns in my experience tend to follow quickly. Seen a number of fights develop down the years as the alpha male syndrome sets in. It's exactly the same as "did you spill my pint?"

They are as socially predictable as a group of menacing Millwall supporters once the herd mentality has taken over. 

Now I do extrapolate to the point that such identifiable groups are assumed to hold similar values and world views.

But did I say they were a hate group? No, don't think so. they do however represent facets of a system that I dislike because of the way it rewards  (by allocation of economic resources) the wrong types of behaviour  (in my view). Those individuals I  have known personally have tended to have quite simple world views - concentrated mainly on having the opportunity to do the next deal and earn the next million. 

It's systems that screw society and that's what needs the reset not trying to remove/replace/do harm to groups that are products of the system. 

As I have posted elsewhere there may be the occasional philanthropic behaviour by the very wealthy. But this is hit and miss. Society would be fairer and I believe better for having a different reward system in which case these types would be losers. Which of course they don't like the thought of and so would rationally seek to protect. 

Now what the **** is your beef?

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Posh rich people have been exploiting everyone else for most of history. I think they've got thick enough skin to put up with a few anti-elitist jibes. Or they can release their hounds.

Or you can put yellow stars on them ? After all it is what Hitler did to the people he blamed for the German financial crisis and he also encouraged the mob to believe him and join in. 

Archived