Bucko - Football Genius

YouRams

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club can confirm that defender Jake Buxton has left the club by mutual consent.

The 32 year-old was signed from Derby County in July 2016 and was a near ever-present in 2016-17, making 42 appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal in the victory over Wolves at Molineux.

However, after expressing a desire to return to be nearer to his family in Nottinghamshire, both parties have come to a mutual agreement that he can leave.

Latics manager Paul Cook said: “We wish Jake all the best. I know him by reputation and by what the chairman has told me about him. He’s a great professional who gave 100% to the cause while with us and we respect the fact he has been honest.  Sometimes in football you have to make difficult decisions with the long-term good of the club in mind, and we feel this is a move that benefits both parties.”

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2017/june/jake-buxton-leaves-wigan-athletic/

Come on Bucko, you know it makes sense.

It's been a tough year seeing Jake turn out for a side I've not got any allegiance to and to be fair there's not too many clubs I can say that about, I'm like a cheap whore football wise ;-)

Seeing him back in the yellow and black would make my summer.

9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Come on Bucko, you know it makes sense.

It's been a tough year seeing Jake turn out for a side I've not got any allegiance to and to be fair there's not too many clubs I can say that about, I'm like a cheap whore football wise ;-)

Seeing him back in the yellow and black would make my summer.

He'd be a perfect fit Ronnie. Needs first team football, be either the Brewers or a promotion chasing League 1 club 

26 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

He's better than league 2, surely Clough will come calling for Burton

He may be 'better' than League Two but at least it's very close to his home and family. 

Archived