Bradley Johnson

catram

The lynch mob will be out for Johnson but maybe I'm a softy and don't see a great deal wrong with this, Johnson has played and spent the longest time at Norwich, of course he will have fond memories back there and would leave the door open to a return.

He also says that he has 2 years left at Derby and hopefully gets to see them out, but that bit won't get mentioned.

We haven't seen the best of Bradley Johnson, won't have been easy, another player that has come into a unsettled club with numerous managers and ideas. I wouldn't be devastated to see him go but at the same time I see no reason to sell him for a fraction of what we paid. If Norwich thought he was worth £6m 2 years ago, they wouldn't mind paying it for him back. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Presume the interview was specifically about Norwich. You do tend to say things like that to past clubs. 

Absolutely, this doesn't necessarily mean he hates Derby.

However, these interviews don't happen by accident. This was a calculated PR stunt - we can only speculate as to why his advisors arranged it.

I don't see a problem with the article....altho 'seeing out' his two years doesn't sound great.

i just think he's a duff signing.

“It will be a good season. There are going to be a lot of clubs fighting for it. But ideally we want to get promoted, and it’d be nice for Norwich to go up as well.

“I’m always looking out for them and wanting them to do well, because I’ve still got that attachment there to the club. So next year my ideal thing will be Derby first and Norwich second.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/a-derby-norwich-city-double-tops-bradley-johnson-s-wishes-for-next-season-s-championship-1-5069004

16 minutes ago, David said:

The lynch mob will be out for Johnson but maybe I'm a softy and don't see a great deal wrong with this, Johnson has played and spent the longest time at Norwich, of course he will have fond memories back there and would leave the door open to a return.

I don't recall Savage ever saying anything bad about Leicester when he was with us - And that wasn't his previous club

I agree - I have very fond memories of my old work places and often mention good things about them, good times and am still in contact with people from there - And have stated that at my current work - Not sure why footballers should be held to a different standard

Don't really see much wrong in this interview, it's an interview in their local paper, he is hardly going to come out and slate his time there plus like he said it was the best period of his career which is true.

On his day he is top quality in this division, would love to see a midfield of Thorne, Johnson + Hughes if we played a 3. That combo for me is unreal at this level and gives you everything...Thorne's defensive ability and passing, Hughes quality on the ball + Johnson being the box to box power house we all know he can be :wub:

Context is everything, the article isn't written for us Derbyshire folk and it's not from a neutral perspective. More the Norwich press filling in their slow news days with a bit of nostalgia for a popular player.

Although saying all this and defending it, the boy doesn't help himself sometimes does he?

He's probably been in for a day doing several bits if media including the Norwich interview.

I think he was the wrong signing for what Clement was trying to do, but I think he's a good player and will do well under rowett if he stays. Think he's a bit better than he's shown and I think he reads the game well and gas intelligence just not quite the technical skill of say Hughes.

Could well be he's on high wages and a move back to Norwich is on the cards.

The article is almost fine, almost.

I like that he is passionate about a previous club he played for, but I do turn my nose up at him saying he would jump at the chance to sign for Norwich.

I would get a bit nervous watching Johnson go up to take the last penalty against Norwich in the playoff final at Wembley, hair blowing in the wind like Idiakez.

2 hours ago, catram said:

I bet you wouldnt hear nugent say how much he loved it at another club its about getting fans on your side

I've already seen him say that Leicester was the best bunch of lads he was with and that it was the best time of his career.

Alex Pearce said within a month of signing that he's never rule out going back to Reading st some point.

Don't see an issue at all, what's he meant to say?

if Hughes left and did an article of his time at DCFC I'd expect him to say the same.

he hardly came out and said his time at Derby has been a total disaster and the club has been a total mess since he got here. Although lots of fans would agree with that assessment. Lynch mobs eh!

47 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The article is almost fine, almost.

I like that he is passionate about a previous club he played for, but I do turn my nose up at him saying he would jump at the chance to sign for Norwich.

I would get a bit nervous watching Johnson go up to take the last penalty against Norwich in the playoff final at Wembley, hair blowing in the wind like Idiakez.

_92675889_bradleyjohnson.rexfeatures_752

If Norwich offered the £6m we paid for him, then take it and let him return. Don't take anything less however.

Norwich fans been tweeting me all morning saying they're in a similar situation to us and won't be able to afford Johnson this summer. They're bargain hunting and they won't get one from him. 

Archived