Football Journalism

David

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The competition for articles has increased so much over the past few years these newfound headlines and ideas have completely ruined what used to be a respected profession.

When I first started out at HITC the competition was small so we had more of a freerange of articles to cover. I used to cover a lot of Spanish outlets, which at the time served a purpose.

After about a year and a half everything changed. Sudden Twitter was booming, and a whole bunch of small-time companies were founded pretty much offering nothing new aside from repeated news.

The greater the competition, the greater the need to attract the audience's attention and thus clickbait headlines and thumbnails were born. Now it's transcended into non-news, with ridiculous titles such as 'Revealed' or 'Breaking'.

I stay away from all that stuff now. I'm happy to just find out news such as transfers when they're actually official. Having worked in that business, I have no interest in being lured into rubbish hearsay articles.

The adverts on some of them are hidious too. 

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The competition for articles has increased so much over the past few years these newfound headlines and ideas have completely ruined what used to be a respected profession.

When I first started out at HITC the competition was small so we had more of a freerange of articles to cover. I used to cover a lot of Spanish outlets, which at the time served a purpose.

After about a year and a half everything changed. Sudden Twitter was booming, and a whole bunch of small-time companies were founded pretty much offering nothing new aside from repeated news.

The greater the competition, the greater the need to attract the audience's attention and thus clickbait headlines and thumbnails were born. Now it's transcended into non-news, with ridiculous titles such as 'Revealed' or 'Breaking'.

I stay away from all that stuff now. I'm happy to just find out news such as transfers when they're actually official. Having worked in that business, I have no interest in being lured into rubbish hearsay articles.

Very honest assessment Bris , to say it's your "trade" as such .

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wise, you have far too intelligent views on Derby/football to waste it on shabby HITC transfer rumours, it did make you look tinpot, glad you've risen above that roobish

Archived