Hayfever v Gluten Free

Day

Hayfever v Gluten Free  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What about lactose intolerance. 

And i know a bloke who if he eats cheese he loses his hearing.

And alcohol makes you puke for a reason you know.

Say that again, I missed it. 

I need a drink, you make me sick. :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hay fever effects people for a few weeks each year, gluten intolerance 365 days a year. 

Everyone that voted Gluten Free must be a Conservative voter, I'm alright Jack. This country is going down the pan I tell you. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

Hay fever effects people for a few weeks each year, gluten intolerance 365 days a year. 

Everyone that voted Gluten Free must be a Conservative voter, I'm alright Jack. This country is going down the pan I tell you. 

As I said previously, gluten intolerance doesn't exist. You just don't like bread.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

As I said previously, gluten intolerance doesn't exist. You just don't like bread.

I love bread. And butter.

I've been made a victim of IBS, I'm not gluten intolerant but going gluten free has helped.

9 minutes ago, David said:

I've been made a victim of IBS, I'm not gluten intolerant but going gluten free has helped.

it's not real bread. next you'll tell me you're vegan but eat fake meat.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

it's not real bread. next you'll tell me you're vegan but eat fake meat.

What's not real bread?

I'm not eating any bread at all now, doesn't mean I don't love it and one day hold on to the hope I can slide a freshly baked slice into my gob 

24 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah but you can control gluten effects by making different food choices. You don't have any control over hayfever, as most remedies only work for some people, some of the time.

My hayfever is worst with tree pollen, early in the season, but is bad enough most of the year to cause frequent sinus infections.

I must have a Gin intolerance because it's the only drink where I lose the power of speech after one too many. Doesn't happen with any other drink. Weird.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Do you realise that you are spreading emulsified fat - stuff that has been squeezed out of an animals nipple-  over reconstituted seed embryos that have been ground up and infected with yeast.

no wonder your guts are mis-firing.

Just now, Wolfie said:

Yeah but you can control gluten effects by making different food choices. You don't have any control over hayfever, as most remedies only work for some people, some of the time.

My hayfever is worst with tree pollen, early in the season, but is bad enough most of the year to cause frequent sinus infections.

I must have a Gin intolerance because it's the only drink where I lose the power of speech after one too many. Doesn't happen with any other drink. Weird.

With any kind of food intolerance you can help by cutting out foods you enjoy 365 days a year of course, people with food intolerances also have colds and the flu so are not immune from having the snuffles from time to time. Double whammy.

How many months of the year are you free from hay fever?

I would swap the daily limited diet for a few weeks of the snuffles. Would save money on bog roll.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Do you realise that you are spreading emulsified fat - stuff that has been squeezed out of an animals nipple-  over reconstituted seed embryos that have been ground up and infected with yeast.

You have just reminded me how much I miss pork scratchings :( 

3 minutes ago, David said:

With any kind of food intolerance you can help by cutting out foods you enjoy 365 days a year of course, people with food intolerances also have colds and the flu so are not immune from having the snuffles from time to time. Double whammy.

I would swap the daily limited diet for a few weeks of the snuffles. Would save money on bog roll.

Only really Nov-Feb that I don't get it. Worst time is March-May with the tree pollen, which is a fairly miserable time with "the sniffles", being pretty much constantly blocked up, eyes streaming, pressure in my sinuses causing pain around my eyes and floods of what appears to be warm lemon curd when an infection breaks. Also happens at other times but it definitely most frequent then.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Brilliant now do the same for a sausage sandwich. 

25 minutes ago, David said:

FWIW, based only on my opinion not scientific journal articles, I'd suggest you try something like kefir to help your IBS. Or probiotics and/or fermented foods. They can make a big difference. Sourdough bread is meant to be more digestible for people with problems digesting gluten, something to do with the slow fermentation.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Only really Nov-Feb that I don't get it. Worst time is March-May with the tree pollen, which is a fairly miserable time with "the sniffles", being pretty much constantly blocked up, eyes streaming, pressure in my sinuses causing pain around my eyes and floods of what appears to be warm lemon curd when an infection breaks. Also happens at other times but it definitely most frequent then.

Ditto. But from November to February I have a fairly constant cold just to make up for it. 

I don't get it in other countries though. I must just be allergic to the uk. Fairly simple answer to that one. 

29 minutes ago, David said:

Have you tried going low/zero Carb?.

I've only started it yesterday but doing a bit of reading up on it overnight - some people claim to have had big benefits where IBS is concerned.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Or, just stop eating dentures and you'd have no issue.

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Brilliant now do the same for a sausage sandwich. 

Sausage?

thats half way to being a shiit before you've even started.

I definitely agree that allergies are worse because we live in environments that are too clean.

I grew up on a farm, exposed to animals, grass, hay, straw & muck of all sorts & never had a problem at all until a few years after I moved out.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Or, just stop eating dentures and you'd have no issue.

That might be the most sensible thing you have said in this thread, I will take your advice on board and adjust my diet accordingly 

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Have you tried going low/zero Carb?.

I've only started it yesterday but doing a bit of reading up on it overnight - some people claim to have had big benefits where IBS is concerned.

I'm currently gluten, lactose and alcohol free. Take carbs away from me and there is little point in living.

Need carbs to keep calorie intake up, without them I would most likely be dangerously thin right now, I've never been a big eater, for years I was a stick thin bean pole until I started going out on the piss twice a week. You eat loads whilst drinking and recovering the next day so I found myself 4 days out of 7 on crazy calories intake, the other 3 days I was eating normal or what I thought was normal.

Since I dropped a **** ton of weight from cutting alcohol out, I was eating normal 7 days a week, as I now near 14 stone I started to monitor my calorie intake, its roughly at 1300/1500 a day. All these BMI calculators tell me my height and age I should be burning 1900 a day just by living. 

I'm not going hungry, not starving, pre denture swallowing my normal day would consist of less calories as I was eating more healthy, chicken or fish with veg or salad, the 6000 calorie piss up days are what made me a fat cnut. Now it's lactose free cheese on every meal to get me to 1300/1500. Even sucking these boiled sweets trying to squeeze sugar in.

Cut my carbs and I'm down to just meat basically, you need to eat a ton of meat to get those calories in, eat too much meat and your stools are like rocks.

The battle is real.

Archived