Marcus Maddison - Signed new 3 year deal at Peterborough

Arsene Titman

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We have signed plenty of wide players of late is this another one?

Wide or attacking midfield. Plenty? We've signed one in this window, could really do with a better one on the other side. I'd have thought we're looking to sell Anya if we're buying Maddison. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40954578?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=59a7ea4ee4b06b0a5464a308%26Insight from the owner%26&ns_fee=0#post_59a7ea4ee4b06b0a5464a308

Peterborough United chairman/owner Darragh MacAnthony:

I was up at 9am working on normal business, but just had a one-hour phone conversation with Barry Fry [director of football] following up on the initial enquiries we had yesterday, which started with couple agents phoning us and saying, ‘would you take X amount if a club came in’. The clubs, before showing their hand, want agents to gauge where we are re. valuations. Barry bats them away, as he has been instructed by me on the players we have no interest in doing business on and has relayed the price I would allow the player in question to move for if it was reached (but it won’t be).

I am currently at home at my house in Surrey working from my home office. I am about to pop out to the barbers but will have phone on.

14 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Wide or attacking midfield. Plenty? We've signed one in this window, could really do with a better one on the other side. I'd have thought we're looking to sell Anya if we're buying Maddison. 

We have purchased Anya Blackman camara Mc Allister wieman  Lawrence to name a few but the point I was making was that we are not very good at it! In terms of getting good ones! 

Archived