Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Bung Christie up the field as a wide atacking midfield player. That's what he spends half the game trying to do anyway!

would rather someone with some technical ability up there. He cannot kick a ball properly.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

would rather someone with some technical ability up there. He cannot kick a ball properly.

I doubt he'd be a proffesional footballer and an international as well if he can't kick a ball properly 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe reading will then step up there pursuit of Christie if Gunter goes

Boro have activated the £1m release clause for Gunter. I guess we can expect a £1m bid for Christie imminently.

For the half of us that don't rate him, and a quarter of the other half who probably believe Wisdom is an upgrade on christie, wouldn't selling him to a rival technically weaken the opposition.

For £500k I'd accept the offer immediately. Could be the only offer we get... For £1 million I'll drive him anywhere! 

I don't dislike Christie, I think he gives his all and when playing close to 100% is one of the top full back in the champ!

However I think he, like a lot of the squad show too many inconsistencies. So I don't think we'll miss him if he goes.

Likelihood though is it will probably kick start another chapter of his career. I wouldn't begrudge him this as I do think he's always put the effort in at Derby.

We do need some changes and this should be considered if the money is good!

5 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I don't dislike Christie, I think he gives his all and when playing close to 100% is one of the top full back in the champ!

However I think he, like a lot of the squad show too many inconsistencies. So I don't think we'll miss him if he goes.

Likelihood though is it will probably kick start another chapter of his career. I wouldn't begrudge him this as I do think he's always put the effort in at Derby.

We do need some changes and this should be considered if the money is good!

Totally agree-I would like us to buy someone who can consistently cross a ball.

Archived