Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

Moving players out is governed largely by demand. After underachieving we have to price competitively to shift them. I'm not sure Christie will improve any of the championship sides anyway.

If Brighton were to come in with £5m for Christie and Russell combined I'd jump at it. 

Looks like we may have more of a revolving door than we thought in the next month or so, and I'm not unhappy if that's the case. Let's welcome a new era.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is this to be the summer of chronic-undervaluation? Jesus, wept. We payed that to sign Abdoul f**king Camara!

Are we witnessing a ? sale of mammoth proportions. 

I feel this could potentially be the worst period in our recent history for cluster fck sales. These potential departures if (and it's a big if) they all materialise in one close season period could do unrepairable damage to our club. 

"There may be trouble ahead" ??

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I feel this could potentially be the worst period in our recent history for cluster fck sales. These potential departures if (and it's a big if) they all materialise in one close season period could do unrepairable damage to our club. 

Does Mel want his money back?

22 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Or it could be genius & were all sat here this time next year praising rowett for winning the division. 

36 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Relax. We're saving up for Ronaldo.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Really don't understand the hate for Christie. He is a good Championship left back but reading this thread you would think he was a fat lad from the local playing left back on a Sunday morning.

that must be where we are going wrong! ;) 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Really don't understand the hate for Christie. He is a good Championship left back but reading this thread you would think he was a fat lad from the local playing left back on a Sunday morning.

This is a derby message board. There's no room for nuance, every player is literally either the worst player ever, or the best ever.

Christie did an interview in which he said that Rowett likes his full backs to defend rather than attack so no surprise to see Cyrus will probably leave.

Wisdom will suit the way Rowett wants to play better so if we can sell Cyrus for a similar amount we paid for Wisdom its job done for me.

Archived