Parking near shop

NottsRam

Just a word of warning, unbeknown to me, Parking Eye are now responsible for all the parking along the East Stand side of the ground.  This is designated a staff car park.  I visited the club shop for 15 minutes and didn't see the signs, copped for a £60 penalty!  It's all done by camera.  To be fair to the Football Club, when I complained to them as the landlord they cancelled the fine with Parking Eye.  Apparently it is to stop workers on Pride Park using the car park all day, not aimed at shop users but just be aware as I have parked there for years to use the shop and I guess others will too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Just a word of warning, unbeknown to me, Parking Eye are now responsible for all the parking along the East Stand side of the ground.  This is designated a staff car park.  I visited the club shop for 15 minutes and didn't see the signs, copped for a £60 penalty!  It's all done by camera.  To be fair to the Football Club, when I complained to them as the landlord they cancelled the fine with Parking Eye.  Apparently it is to stop workers on Pride Park using the car park all day, not aimed at shop users but just be aware as I have parked there for years to use the shop and I guess others will too.

How long did it take for your ticket to come? I noticed this a couple of weeks back when i went in, didnt notice until I came out. I was going to use the argument the sign is still up which says shop parking only.

Sith Happens

Think at very least they need to take down the 'Shop Parking Only' sign and replace it with a 'We dont want your business in the week, we will only expect to see you on match days' sign.

Parking eye always go to court if you ignore them. Not the case for the other parking companies.

I recently ignored a Smart Parking invoice after I appealed it and the refused. They've stopped spamming me with threatening letters now and I assume they've dropped it. But they do have 6 years to carry on if they want.

9 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Best tell Andre Wisdom...then again..he parks where he likes..

Parking Eye are total @rseholes in my experience.

Had legitimate parking authority at another premises in Derby, some time ago, but later got ticketed by PE. Management at the venue agreed that I was authorised to park, but PE were dismissive & verbally abusive, before the management made them cancel the ticket. 

If DCFC deploy them, they had better issue written passes to avoid the cretinous chancers from pursuing charges to customers, unless they want to drive people away from the shop. Very bad P R!

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I missing something here? Now you know, unless you have disability or something, which is fair enough, what's wrong with using the car park by DW Sports? It's hardly a long walk. Do you have to pull up right outside the doors? 

There's now camera's on there too! 

But yes, you do get an hour I think.

The point of the thread was that people didn't know though.

please can someone explain to me about parking on Stadium view , the road that oeads to TCHarrison etc.

its double yellow lines. Every match day it is packed out with parked cars.

presumably people are not getting tickets, but everytime i park there (twice) i get a fooking parking ticket.

derby city council declined to offer any explanation besides stating the bleedin obvious.

Archived