Confederations Cup 2017

Broderick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Broderick said:

Only about 30 hours till the confederations cup starts! Who do you all want to win? I think it'll be either Portugal or Chile. I'd normally bet on Germany winning but they brought a B team. :ph34r:

That's about C team for Germany, but still amazingly strong. My bets are on Chile, looks best team for me.

20 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Watching Chile v Cameroon. 

Bit of controversy at the end of the first half. Chile goal ruled out after video review for offside. 

Interesting - wasn't called by the ref  initially. 

Cameroon look woeful.....so my prediction is going to end up in a big brown heap........:lol:

Cameroon had a goal disallowed in first half which is that goal should have been stood. 

P.S Germany 1-0 up now. 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Germany allegedly took a second string squad to this tournament. What was their team like DEL?

Mixed and some of them are decent played good football tbh. 

Mexico v New Zealand and a mass brawl has broken out, the referee is using the Video Assistants to review the situation. Enough offences in that little episode to send off half of each team. He gives one player a yellow card.

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

Mexico v New Zealand and a mass brawl has broken out, the referee is using the Video Assistants to review the situation. Enough offences in that little episode to send off half of each team. He gives one player a yellow card.

1 from each team. What I thought was bizarre was the ref trotted over to the sideline to watch footage of the whole incident before acting.

I'd assumed that it was more like rugby where the video refs made interpretation and suggestions for actions to the ref. Seems like all they do is squeal "ooooh - now you've got to see this. ....."

58 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

1-1 penalty before they scored, Cameroon had a good chance to make it 2-0. 

Full time 1-1 Cameroon had a few good chances to go on and win the game. Next game on at 7pm Germany v Chile.

Archived