Mayweather v McGregor

David

On 6/16/2017 at 16:59, Alpha said:

Can't get excited. Don't feel the hype. I would watch it if it was Mayweather vs anyone because I'm a boxing fan but I would not tune in especially.

If McGregor was that good at boxing he'd be a boxer. He's not fighting the world number 10. He's fighting a legend of multiple weight divisions. 

I hate it because I can't stand Mayweather and he's about to get even more fame and fortune. There's guys in his weight division that would offer a genuine challenge. Youthful undefeated guys. 

Mayweather doesn't want to fight youthful, undefeated guys. Too risky.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May weather will sit back and do what he does best, counter punch. He knows that McGregor has a heavy left hand and won't risk getting caught, at 40 his punch resistance won't be as good as it was.

Those that think this is a mismatch will be surprised IMO, FM has a lot to lose.

besides, don't you remember Thunder lips 

(Hulk Hogan) facing Rocky Balboa? :whistle:

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

I've heard the ppv prices are out and have caused a bit of a stir? Anyone seen it?

Sure have, for that price I'm pretty sure I'll stick with watching it on my mates illegal stream... $99 for HD...  GET TA F**K!!!

6 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Best part of this match up is the conferences and weigh ins... the bout itself is an irrelevance

Watched the live stream in Toronto last night was hilarious, even if McGregor loses the fight he tore him a new one in Canada. 

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If I press play do I have to listen to Mayweather? I can't stand his voice, his stuttering, his history lessons and his talk about money. Him, his team and his Dad... spit! 

McGregor is up first, worth seeing it through though, Mayweather doesn't speak that much tbh, don't think he knew what to say 

On 13/07/2017 at 11:34, YouRams said:

The face off was very telling, no security for all the trash talking they've already started. They respect each other 100% for one reason only, they both make a **** load of money!

Thought exactly the same myself. They knock into each other on occasion, they badmouth each other...yet there is no security within miles of them. 

Total pantomime. All about the pay per fee. Mayweather is going to pick him off and stop him at will.  

On 13/07/2017 at 00:05, David said:

UK PPV hasn't been announced yet had it? US have always been insanely high compared to over here

I've seen £89.99 mooted for sky subscribers and £129.99 for non-subscribers. Can't be real though surely.

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

I've seen £89.99 mooted for sky subscribers and £129.99 for non-subscribers. Can't be real though surely.

Nah, think £35 would be very very top price, should be announced soon

• 2 weeks later...

Floyd Mayweather wants UK viewers to be charged £100 to watch his fight with Conor McGregor, boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has claimed. 

Sky, who are broadcasting the Las Vegas scrap live on these shores, plan to offer it for £19.95 which is in line with how much boxing fans usually pay to watch the biggest fights.

But that is some way short of how much Mayweather is hoping the public will be forced to fork out.

Hearn is confident Sky will not cave in to Mayweather's demands though, and will set the price at their usual price.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-tv-10905597

Good, charge £100. It's a circus. I wont pay a penny. I'll watch the 12 rounds UD of Mayweather picking his punches and rolling McGregors punches on YouTube on Sunday. Everyone else should do the same. Don't put a penny in the vile little cnuts pocket. 

Pay your money for GGG v Canelo. A fight between two elites in peak condition fighting for glory. 

£100. It's been WWE build up so far. It's an insult to UFC and boxing.

What's next? Man United v L.A. Lakers.

Archived