David

Mayweather v McGregor

Latest Updates

Feel a fool for paying at the last minute, boring fight, not sure why I expected any different as it went right to the script. 

Boxing is kinda like watching Barca play, 2 rounds in I was begging McGregor to kick him, take him down to the ground and start throwing elbows.

Mayweather might be the greatest but more ducks than Marketon Park, turning is back, playing the waiting game is boring in terms of entertainment.

Obviously wouldn't last one round in the Octagon but he hasn't claimed he would, McGregor deserves some credit for landing punches and staying in for so long which nobody predicted he would.

Should have worked more of his cardio but that's always been his weakness.

Back to MMA now please, no more of this boxing crap, had my £20, spend it wisely which I'm sure you won't.

Stoppage is fair, but I can understand where Conor is coming from on that one, being from MMA. Takes a lot more than that to get a stoppage in the Octagon.

Mayweather is never entertaining. He's not knocked anyone out for like 7 years?

GGG v Canelo. That is worth £20. 

Can't complain about stoppages. Look at what boxing has done to people. It was stopped for his protection. Lots of fighters claim they could carry on but they know the rules. 

Probably won't even watch it. Cash grabbing con

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

GGG v Canelo. That is worth £20. 

But is it? In a sport where the main fight can be over in one round, £20, unless you make the most of the undercard it's robbery. You can pay that for an entire months worth of football on Sky Sports. Even the BT app you can pick up for a fiver a month, football and UFC.

Maybe I just don't see it as I find Boxing an incredibly dull sport now, plus they've made it harder to lure viewers in to the sport with only the crappy fights free on TV. Not saying Boxing should be free, include it in the Sky Sports package or risk killing the sport off.

1 hour ago, David said:

But is it? In a sport where the main fight can be over in one round, £20, unless you make the most of the undercard it's robbery. You can pay that for an entire months worth of football on Sky Sports. Even the BT app you can pick up for a fiver a month, football and UFC.

Maybe I just don't see it as I find Boxing an incredibly dull sport now, plus they've made it harder to lure viewers in to the sport with only the crappy fights free on TV. Not saying Boxing should be free, include it in the Sky Sports package or risk killing the sport off.

Yeah, you're right. 

I know PPV is the only way to create revenue to pay the fighters to make big fights and good cards though

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, David said:

But, as a boxing fan, i'd say the free fights are some of the best i've watched. Last night was a con. Mayweather sucker punched the last person he TKO'd, and before that it was Hatton in 2007. Ten years a go, He's an artist in not getting hit. I've seen the stats saying McGregor landed such and such, but he was slapping. Mayweather was never in any danger, and knew the only way of getting him out of there was later on.

Whatever anyone says, last night was a con.

The  numbers on PPV boxing in this country is only rising. Which helps get the top fights made. But, imo, they're usually not the best fights. The undercard for a boxing fan was woeful as well last night. That doesn't help

Edited by Norman

Probably being harsh as I don't fully appreciate the art of boxing, doesn't have me on the edge of my seat like MMA does in the all out wars that go on. 

Same with watching Barca pass pass pass pass, just want the ball up there and shots on goal.

Defending is so overrated in all sports :)